Princess cancels through 12/15

pmatawan

I think NCL will follow. 
I am soooo glad I kept my money in the bank and only put down $100 and did not pay for my Dec 12, 2020 cruise in full yet. It is due 8-14 and I am just going to call and get my $100 refunded. So sad. I was really hoping they could sail by then. I feel the worst for all those jobs lost that rely on tourism and travel.  It is devastating. 😞😞

• Like 2

I see that at least so far, Australia cruises are cancelled only until October 31, and they did not mention Europe cruises.  If they started those cruises earlier, I presume that they would need to ban Americans.  

Say one, say all. Yes, I would expect NCL and all other cruise lines to follow. John Heald Facebook post from today indicates news from Carnival coming tomorrow.

The risk of contracting COVID on ships remains elevated. Cruising is not an essential business - at least not to most people. Why take an unnecessary risk?

Edited by luv2kroooz

The way that Victoria (Australia) is having a recurrence of Covid 19 I cannot see that Princess will be able to start antipodean cruises at that time.

The NZ border I feel sure will still be closed then.  If it is open it will be only to those in our "bubble" which will exclude much of the world.

1 hour ago, Noworkforme23 said:

I think NCL will follow. 
I am soooo glad I kept my money in the bank and only put down $100 and did not pay for my Dec 12, 2020 cruise in full yet. It is due 8-14 and I am just going to call and get my $100 refunded. So sad. I was really hoping they could sail by then. I feel the worst for all those jobs lost that rely on tourism and travel.  It is devastating. 😞😞

The final payment for my April cruise is Dec 12th I'll be calling before then to get my $100 refunded.  No way will I sail if I don't have any cruises to see what cruising is like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

The risk of contracting COVID on ships remains elevated. Cruising is not an essential business - at least not to most people. Why take an unnecessary risk?

Nor are hair salons, nail shops, bars, restaurants, or liquor stores, but they all seem to stay open. Why take the unnecessary risk of getting your hair cut?

12 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Misleading title...  It should read...

"Princess Cruises Extends Pause of Select Global Ship Operations Until December 15'

Not misleading at all. Miami Herald, USA Today, MarketWatch and NBC 4 in California reported the same headline. Simple, they've made cancellations through December 15. Doesn't say they've cancelled all cruises.

Read the articles for the details of what was cancelled, which I think is global operations but for Australia.

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

Nor are hair salons, nail shops, bars, restaurants, or liquor stores, but they all seem to stay open. Why take the unnecessary risk of getting your hair cut?

I didn't say I was typing this from a Barber shop. In fact, I'm bald.

You can't social distance on a ship. 

Edited by luv2kroooz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, casofilia said:

The way that Victoria (Australia) is having a recurrence of Covid 19 I cannot see that Princess will be able to start antipodean cruises at that time.

The NZ border I feel sure will still be closed then.  If it is open it will be only to those in our "bubble" which will exclude much of the world.

Hats off to your beautiful country.  The leaders in New Zealand obviously did something right.  And your citizens obviously worked together to make it happen.  It must be nice to live in a country that is COVID free.  It's too bad that some other countries, one in particular, are in such disarray.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

Not misleading at all. Miami Herald, USA Today, MarketWatch and NBC 4 in California reported the same headline. Simple, they've made cancellations through December 15. Doesn't say they've cancelled all cruises.

Read the articles for the details of what was cancelled, which I think is global operations but for Australia.

So they all used a misleading headline.  "Princess cancels through 12/15" is a far cry from "Some Princess cruises have been cancel as late as 12/15."

3 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

I'm saying exactly that.  No matter when they announce, it will be after final payment for some 

And if they announce less than 120 days out it will be after final payment for all cruises.  If today they announce all cruises cancelled through October, then all cancelled cruises would be after final payment. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Current death rate in US suggests it wasn't worth the risk of getting that hair cut or meal out.

As predicted - no cruises likely in 2020. 2021 isn't likely either unless a vaccine from Oxford or elsewhere appears quickly. However first 6-12 months of any vaccine production will be going to essential workers in healthcare and other services. Not to folks who want to go on a cruise.

Edited by pmd98052