Princess Cancellations

wowzz

15 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh yes, I agree.  Just simply that any Brits on holiday, and there are loads of them, will have to quarantine when they get home.  It would put me off going anywhere I'm afraid.

Is that official Jean, I have not seen the Daily Mail getting into a lather about that yet?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

Rumours on other social media sites about an announcement by the end of the month,  and possibly as early as tomorrow. 

Announcement due on Tuesday 28th ? Again, just a rumour, but Tuesdays do seem to be the normal announcement day, if my memory serves me right.  

Rumour I know this person who’s sisters cousin twice removed heard off her nephews niece that there would be no cruising till sometime in the future, don’t really know do I believe him or not.

• Haha 2

On 7/23/2020 at 7:05 AM, AndyMichelle said:

Heard a rumour locally that P&O are not expecting to sail 'properly' until April... 

Although probably only speculation, it did come from someone connected to Carnival. 

Indias issues won't help. 

Andy 

I also heard this, and Ventura been sold off next year. Anyone else heard this.

Bob

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobupandown said:

Bob

I heard that the unwanted cruise ships were going to form part of the bridge between Scotland and N Ireland, in fact if cruising never restarts they could even make it a dual carriageway!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, bobupandown said:

Bob

That would be great - especially if Azura, Britannia and Iona went with her. Now, where's me tin helmet...😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I heard that the unwanted cruise ships were going to form part of the bridge between Scotland and N Ireland, in fact if cruising never restarts they could even make it a dual carriageway!

That would come as a huge shock to most Scots, who have already been waiting forever on the A9 being dualled.  

Edited by showingdiva

Peeps - there is gossip and there are rumours. The latter tend to be more accurate,  if you have reliable sources.

Am I wrong - of course I might be. But airing rumours from reliable sources is not a crime.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Peeps - there is gossip and there are rumours. The latter tend to be more accurate,  if you have reliable sources.

Am I wrong - of course I might be. But airing rumours from reliable sources is not a crime.

Rumours spread through speculation and assumption, but usually start somewhere. 

For instance, Princess cancel cruises, it is a fair assumption that P&O could 'possibly' do the same. Then we speculate that if there is no vaccine in sight and no imminent possibility that normal cruising could return safely, we must be looking at about April. 

I think the truth is, nobody knows as if it goes wrong for the 'toe dippers', most of us won't be cruising for a very long time but if they are successful, full steam ahead. 

Andy 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Will it have any ports of call?

A German regular on the Cunard part of the forum is boarding on Monday for the 2nd of these cruises - he says all sea days on that one: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2756538-mein-shiff-sails-with-1200-passengers/ 

May be worth following his posts next week to see how it goes.

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

A German regular on the Cunard part of the forum is boarding on Monday for the 2nd of these cruises - he says all sea days on that one: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2756538-mein-shiff-sails-with-1200-passengers/ 

May be worth following his posts next week to see how it goes.

1200 passengers? 😮 that seems very ambitious for a test cruise! 

I was expecting an announcement, but towards the end of the month. I think mixed messages are occurring because the American brands have all made announcements.

Carnival are co-sponsors of the half day Covid-19 seminar. Its not clear what is going to be added to the UK narrative through this but its being heavily pushed to staff, contacts, customers and government decision makers on both sides of the Atlantic. I'm expecting that Carnival Corp. will want to release their proposal for new measures enabling resumption across the Corp. shortly after.

As for the law suits, 100s have been filed against Carnival Corp worldwide in respect of Covid-19. A significant number have already been thrown out. We now have US precedent that a case will not succeed if you were just 'at risk', you actually have to contracted the virus.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

1200 passengers? 😮 that seems very ambitious for a test cruise! 

It's actually less than half of full capacity, so not that many from that point  of view.

One small trend I have spotted with P&O announcements is that they sometimes pop up at 10am..., so will keep an eye out on Tuesday at 10am, just in case!

If it does happen, I'm going for (pure guess):

1) Cringeworthy 7 minute video.

2) No movement on FCCs or announcement of new brochure launch, therefore more anger and uncertainty.

3) Called off until start of 2021.

4) Website to crash within an hour, along with the online form...

5) 5k messages on official Facebook by the end of the day; people still complaining about March refunds.

6) Phone lines going to be as effective as calling the old British Rail for about a week following....

Oh and no more selling of ships....

Just a guess!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Insolvent in less than a year and a half if none of its ships continue to be operational. Whilst I'm sure that it's possible that this situation could last that long, I think even the worst case scenario suggests things will improve before then, subject to a successful vaccine. 

On 7/23/2020 at 7:05 AM, AndyMichelle said:

Heard a rumour locally that P&O are not expecting to sail 'properly' until April... 

Although probably only speculation, it did come from someone connected to Carnival. 

Indias issues won't help. 

Andy 

We have a cruise booked on Azura fly / med for hubby's 21st (cough). It is a wonderful itinerary and a lovely ship / cabin, but at the moment, our beautiful caravan in Wales is winning hands down and I can see us either cancelling the cruise or moving it. We have cruise credit from our cancelled cruise on Oceana (sigh) this August, so will still be planning ahead.

Very sad, but life goes in and just blessed to be happy, safe, healthy and have an amazing 'bolt hole' in Wales. Could be far worse.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Insolvent in less than a year and a half if none of its ships continue to be operational. Whilst I'm sure that it's possible that this situation could last that long, I think even the worst case scenario suggests things will improve before then, subject to a successful vaccine. 

😞

11 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We have a cruise booked on Azura fly / med for hubby's 21st (cough). It is a wonderful itinerary and a lovely ship / cabin, but at the moment, our beautiful caravan in Wales is winning hands down and I can see us either cancelling the cruise or moving it. We have cruise credit from our cancelled cruise on Oceana (sigh) this August, so will still be planning ahead.

Very sad, but life goes in and just blessed to be happy, safe, healthy and have an amazing 'bolt hole' in Wales. Could be far worse.

Envious? Me? ...Never ☹️😒

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2020 at 11:27 AM, wowzz said:

Announcement due on Tuesday 28th ? Again, just a rumour, but Tuesdays do seem to be the normal announcement day, if my memory serves me right.  

Any news for today?