Value of Diamond Plus compare to Diamond?

Oxo

On 7/25/2020 at 2:44 PM, sjb317 said:

We have never used the BOGO for a specialty restaurant.  We would not pay for laundry or internet service if we did not get these as a perk. The amenities are nice to get but we would not buy them, either. 

I like being D+.  What I’ve always wondered is what is the worth of being Pinnacle relative to D+? 😂

Sherri🙂

Hitting Pinnacle is where the REAL problems begin. They not only get to be snobby to everyone below them, they start counting points so they can be snobby to any Pinnacles that have less than them.

let me add that I am just being a smart alec....seriously, I have never been treated badly by any Pinnacle.

Edited by spunks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, spunks said:

Hitting Pinnacle is where the REAL problems begin. They not only get to be snobby to everyone below them, they start counting points so they can be snobby to any Pinnacles that have less than them.

I get accused of bashing Pinnacles. We have many friends and family who are Pinnacle and don’t display the behaviors that are described here. I have seen disruptive behavior onboard and in the SL/CK by both Suite Guests and Pinnacles. There are a few I have seen in both categories who feel they are entitled over others sharing the same space. Saving seats is one. No better than chair hogs. 

I have said, and this is my opinion only, the number of Pinnacles permitted in SL/CK and number of D+ and Pinnacle permitted in the CL, should be limited. How that is accomplished is beyond my skill set. I recommended allowing access based on pre cruise points. 

Our experience, for the most part, has been pleasant. However, some cruises with high numbers of Pinnacles onboard, we had issues in the SL/CK and theater. Not worried about window seats but just a seat. Prior to COVID19, it was looking like Royal was making progress as far as crowding in the CL/SL/CK. Saving seats should NEVER be permitted. It’s just not right. On Serenade 11 night, each afternoon, someone would get there early to save like 14 seats back by the stage. This group even complained loudly about others taking the Blue Cheese. Lol. We never said anything but Mario saw what was going on and placed cards reserving a few tables for Suite Guests. If you’re one of those participants in saving seats (hogging) in these lounges, shame on you. Suite Guests do not get 3 drinks on SeaPass cards during HH. 

Flame on

M8

• Like 4

On 7/27/2020 at 9:34 AM, firefly333 said:

I give away stuff all the time. I gave away the last rcl logo baseball cap to a Irish family I was sitting with at dinner who was thrilled. Only so much of that kind of stuff worth storing. 

Yes, we do that too! Recently, in Roatan, DH gave our tour guide the RCL logo baseball cap after we returned to the ship and I do believe he was more thrilled to get the ball cap vs the cash tip! LOL! He immediately put it on with a big smile and drove away!

6 minutes ago, spunks said:

Personally I've run into a lot of snobs and whiners who are D+. 

A small subset of D+ (not all) seem to have this attitude like they should be getting more because they are almost there.  To buoy themselves up they put down other levels and some whine about everything.  "Look at me, I'm pretty much a Pinnacle, really I should be a Pinnacle" types.  To prove their point they put others down or try to show off their mighty cruise prowess. 

That's not to say there aren't bad Pinnacles too.  I call them Painacles. 

Once you reach the top you are there with nothing missing that anyone above you gets.  Sure a Pinnacle with 1,500 points gets a free cruise in a suite vs. a free balcony cruise but nothing else on board is different or better.  A double or triple Pin doesn't get any more perks. Pinnacles are treated very well on board so there isn't a lot to whine about yet like in the D+ crowd there is sometimes one proving themselves an a$$.

There are bad cruisers at every level, that's just the way some people are regardless the level they've reached.  Again though it's a small subset of Pinnacles that are Painacles.  Most, like in other levels are pretty decent folks to cruise with.   It's always the vocal standouts that stand out in the crowd and every level has those.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, spunks said:

aww man!...I was making a poor joke. Besides....if ya'll are gonna quote me at least put the whole thing in

Doug

I

56 minutes ago, spunks said:

aww man!...I was making a poor joke. Besides....if ya'll are gonna quote me at least put the whole thing in

Doug

i think you added to your post within the 1 hour limit. 

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Suite Guests do not get 3 drinks on SeaPass cards during HH. 

I think this needs to change.  We only go into the lounge if we are traveling with people that don’t get C&A drinks.  But not fair to them to not be able to get a seat when they paid for a suite and have to go buy drinks.  Most concierges will allow them to take drinks out, but It’s a PIA.  I vote for SL - suites only. DL - Pin and D+.  diamonds use your 3 drinks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I think this needs to change.  We only go into the lounge if we are traveling with people that don’t get C&A drinks.  But not fair to them to not be able to get a seat when they paid for a suite and have to go buy drinks.  Most concierges will allow them to take drinks out, but It’s a PIA.  I vote for SL - suites only. DL - Pin and D+.  diamonds use your 3 drinks

It has been done before. Empress did since she has no lounges. Not sure what happened with MJ once they discontinued the VCL event.

Suite guests do deserve it

Eventually I really can see Pins having DL to themselves. But that may be years away. Until then, I'll bet they keep SL access 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I

i think you added to your post within the 1 hour limit. 

I added to my post within minutes as soon as I read what I wrote. My mistake was putting such a gap between the lines. I appologize to any I offended as I thought I was simply adding to my original post in the topic. again, I have never been badly treated by any Pinnacle I have come across.

Doug

• Like 3

On 7/25/2020 at 2:39 PM, sandebeach said:

We often use the BOGO specialty restaurant. I use my card for the first night and we use my husband’s for the second night. 

Good to know....I always thought the the BOGO specialty is only good for the 1st night. To get the 2nd night BOGO, did you prebook prior to boarding, or did you just show up to see if there's space? I also wonder if this varies from ship to ship. Can you share what ship were on on? 

Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, seapad said:

Good to know....I always thought the the BOGO specialty is only good for the 1st night. To get the 2nd night BOGO, did you prebook prior to boarding, or did you just show up to see if there's space? I also wonder if this varies from ship to ship. Can you share what ship were on on? 

Thanks! 

Nothing special to take advantage of it. It's always been first two nights, your choice, or both for a couple

14 minutes ago, seapad said:

Thanks! 

We usually book for the first, and also for the second night, as soon as we board. We have done this on all the Oasis class ships, Navigator and Independence. 

16 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

We usually book for the first, and also for the second night, as soon as we board. We have done this on all the Oasis class ships, Navigator and Independence. 

This is so good to know. Money in my purse 🙂 

Thanks!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Eventually I really can see Pins having DL to themselves. But that may be years away. Until then, I'll bet they keep SL access 

No Diamonds in the DL - that'll go over well.  I think I'll avoid CC for a few months when that's announced 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, spunks said:

They have an old saying in the Navy -- seniority among junior officers is like virginity among whores.  I didn't know that applied to Pinnacles?  😵  🍷

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

They have an old saying in the Navy -- seniority among junior officers is like virginity among whores.  I didn't know that applied to Pinnacles?  😵  🍷

"I'm not like you. I'm a Pinnacle with 1750 points." 🤣🤣

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2020 at 11:47 PM, Missusdubbya said:

I like the free laundry and extra day of internet.
I really like the CAS wine and beer gift in our stateroom 😁

Yes, and the free pictures.  Although both may get those.

On 7/26/2020 at 10:00 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

It is  generous  that Celebrity  gives the Elite  level to a first time cruiser who is D or above on RCCL.  They don't have to give anything.   We sailed Celebrity   several times as a D+ passenger and were please that we had  all  Elite benefits.  

M

Same dang company, don’t really see why we can’t combine cruises.  I would probably swap back and forth if they tried just a little bit.

jc

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I get accused of bashing Pinnacles. We have many friends and family who are Pinnacle and don’t display the behaviors that are described here. I have seen disruptive behavior onboard and in the SL/CK by both Suite Guests and Pinnacles. There are a few I have seen in both categories who feel they are entitled over others sharing the same space. Saving seats is one. No better than chair hogs. 

I have said, and this is my opinion only, the number of Pinnacles permitted in SL/CK and number of D+ and Pinnacle permitted in the CL, should be limited. How that is accomplished is beyond my skill set. I recommended allowing access based on pre cruise points. 

Our experience, for the most part, has been pleasant. However, some cruises with high numbers of Pinnacles onboard, we had issues in the SL/CK and theater. Not worried about window seats but just a seat. Prior to COVID19, it was looking like Royal was making progress as far as crowding in the CL/SL/CK. Saving seats should NEVER be permitted. It’s just not right. On Serenade 11 night, each afternoon, someone would get there early to save like 14 seats back by the stage. This group even complained loudly about others taking the Blue Cheese. Lol. We never said anything but Mario saw what was going on and placed cards reserving a few tables for Suite Guests. If you’re one of those participants in saving seats (hogging) in these lounges, shame on you. Suite Guests do not get 3 drinks on SeaPass cards during HH. 

Flame on

M8

Troy actually that was one of your most reasoned posts.  Good job! 😉

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Same dang company, don’t really see why we can’t combine cruises.  I would probably swap back and forth if they tried just a little bit.

jc

No flow, no go🤔

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Rory

He will always be Troy to me!  I have gone on two river cruises, without a flowrider.  Multiple land vacations, and I have never once been to a FlowRider on one of those.  That said, kind of hard to take a cruise on the ocean without one, knowing I could be on one with one.

jc

• Haha 1