Best cruise ever

shel003

Mine would be Celebrity Edge inaugural cruise December 2018.

Reason being my DD was working as the Activities Manager and my SIL was working aboard too as an AV manager.

it was wonderful to be all together as it rarely happens given the nature of their jobs.

Being on a brand new ship was awesome too.

So many great Princess Cruises and a few other lines...Hard to choose.  The one that comes to mind immediately is a trans Pacific from Beijing to Alaska.   The best part was the ship was half full (or half empty) take your pick.   When we reached Whittier, Alaska, everything changed.   Tons of people were waiting ,thanks to the train, for the first Alaska trip.  We stayed on for that trip.  The huge difference was the crew.  They were so relaxed on the Beijing crossing and frantically busy for the Alaska portion.  Restaurants on the first part were relaxed with no waiting....not so much the second part.  Same goes for the theater and a few other places.   If the post Corona period means fewer guests, at least for the time-being, it is something to look forward too...even if it means a few more dollars will be involved.

October/November 2017.  28 Days. Hilo/Honolulu/Maui/Kauai/Kona/Pago Pago/Bora Bora/Tahiti/Moorea. Great cruise, great crew, and great passengers. Absolute favorite so far.

We also greatly enjoyed our last Alaska trip but it was the land portion we enjoyed rather than the 7 day southbound afterward. 15 days. Fairbanks/Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge/Princess Copper River Wilderness Lodge/Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge. The guide was excellent. (The bus driver was the only down side. The guy rarely ever shut up and he was boring as heck.) Amazing trip and scenery.

Mostly our cruises have been great. Hopefully that can be the case again sometime in the future.

• Like 1

2 stand out for me.

Honeymoon Cruise on the Sitmar Fairsky before she was bought by Princess.  10 days in the Caribbean.  We knew nothing about cruising, just seemed like it would be a very exotic honeymoon, it was. Food, service, ports, and everything else was spectacular.  

30th anniversary cruise on Pride of America around the Hawaiian islands in an owners suite with a hot tub on our balcony.  We just had the greatest time and a butler that was there for anything we could ever need.