Meet & Mingle

trbarton

You can register as far in advance as you can book. If you don’t see one, you can always start a new topic.

Be sure to reach out to John Heald and seek his assistance in arranging a location for a meet and greet onboard. Should you wish, he will also provide door prizes and nibbles — just ask. He won’t assist in a slot pull though.

Edited by xDisconnections

dont hold your breath for a cruise critic meet and mingle. from my past cruises and from what i read on this site, people rarely attend them and the number of people who do attend is very low compare to those who sign up

7 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

You can register as far in advance as you can book. If you don’t see one, you can always start a new topic.

Be sure to reach out to John Heald and seek his assistance in arranging a location for a meet and greet onboard. Should you wish, he will also provide door prizes and nibbles — just ask. He won’t assist in a slot pull though.

No action needs to be taken by JH for the CC m&m. What you are describing is for facebook ones. He addressed this last week.

10 hours ago, trbarton said:

How far in advance can you register for a Meet & Mingle?  I’m on an Alaska cruise in December 2021. 

Tom😀

Just curious...What cruise line is crusing to Alaska in December?   I thought it was only May - Oct.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trbarton said:

How far in advance can you register for a Meet & Mingle?  I’m on an Alaska cruise in December 2021. 

Tom😀

You should be able to do it now. If you don’t see a roll call for your cruise you can create one.  

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/

The CC ones are hit and miss. I’ve had times where nobody showed up. And I’ve seen ones where a bunch of people showed up. My last one was pretty good. About 20 people...CD and Hotel Director were there. 

Edited by Saint Greg

2 hours ago, maryandmarge said:

Just curious...What cruise line is crusing to Alaska in December?   I thought it was only May - Oct.

Sorry my cruise is in August 22, 2021 on the Miracle out of San Francisco.

Tom😎 

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

You should be able to do it now. If you don’t see a roll call for your cruise you can create one.  

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/

The CC ones are hit and miss. I’ve had times where nobody showed up. And I’ve seen ones where a bunch of people showed up. My last one was pretty good. About 20 people...CD and Hotel Director were there. 

There is a Roll Call for my cruise. I was of the understanding that you registered first for a Meet & Mingle & that one was set up. On Cruise Critic there is a place to sign up for a Meet & Mingle. I’ve done a lot of meetings with Princess where you contact Princess  & request a date & time & Princess assigned you a room for your  meeting.  I’ve always had a good group & my last one had over 50 people with most of the principle officers invited, including the Captain present. 

I’ve enclosed a photo of my last meeting with the Captain & the Principle Officers. Cruise Critic also donated prizes for a raffle. 

Can you arrange a meeting through Carnival & if so how do you do it?

Any help appreciated. 

Tom😎

image.jpeg

Edited by trbarton

10 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Thanks! How do you contact John?  I’m new to Carnival meetings, plenty of experience with Princess. 

Thanks for your help!

Tom😀

27 minutes ago, martinchem said:

Online Registration has been PAUSED for the following:

You can continue to plan and chat on your roll call threads

Carnival Cruise Lines

This comes as no surprise. When sailings resume Meet and Mingle may become Mask Up and Social Distance 😞 

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

There is a Roll Call for my cruise. I was of the understanding that you registered first for a Meet & Mingle & that one was set up. On Cruise Critic there is a place to sign up for a Meet & Mingle. I’ve done a lot of meetings with Princess where you contact Princess  & request a date & time & Princess assigned you a room for your  meeting.  I’ve always had a good group & my last one had over 50 people with most of the principle officers invited, including the Captain present. 

I’ve enclosed a photo of my last meeting with the Captain & the Principle Officers. Cruise Critic also donated prizes for a raffle. 

Can you arrange a meeting through Carnival & if so how do you do it?

Any help appreciated. 

Tom😎

image.jpeg

You won’t get all of those officers unless it’s really big. Usually 1 or 2. I have seen none show up before. It gets arranged automatically. 25 people need to sign up for the meet and mingle otherwise they won’t have one. You’ll get an invite in your room and it’ll be posted in the fun times. It’s usually on the first sea day in the piano bar but not always. There will be coffee, tea, water, cookies, and possibly pastries set up.

6 hours ago, martinchem said:

Online Registration has been PAUSED for the following:

You can continue to plan and chat on your roll call threads

Carnival Cruise Lines

That’s what I saw so as I figured it’s through the CC link not with John. If I need to go through John I will do that. How do I reach John?  Is it through Facebook?

Thanks!

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

You won’t get all of those officers unless it’s really big. Usually 1 or 2. I have seen none show up before. It gets arranged automatically. 25 people need to sign up for the meet and mingle otherwise they won’t have one. You’ll get an invite in your room and it’ll be posted in the fun times. It’s usually on the first sea day in the piano bar but not always. There will be coffee, tea, water, cookies, and possibly pastries set up.

Thanks!  I have form letters that I use on Princess to invite the officers so perhaps I can use those & just write in the details once I know who they are. 

Tom

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

That’s what I saw so as I figured it’s through the CC link not with John. If I need to go through John I will do that. How do I reach John?  Is it through Facebook?

Thanks!

Tom😀

Yes.

Be sure to ask for "nibbles" so he can arrange that. And door prizes.

:) 

32 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Yes.

Be sure to ask for "nibbles" so he can arrange that. And door prizes.

🙂

Thank you very much. I’ve already sent him a message so I’ll see if he reply’s. 

Do I suggest a location or is one decided for me?  

Thanks again for all of your help. I guess at some point I need to find out whose’ s interested from my roll call. I’ll ask to see any interest. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

52 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thank you very much. I’ve already sent him a message so I’ll see if he reply’s. 

Do I suggest a location or is one decided for me?  

Thanks again for all of your help. I guess at some point I need to find out whose’ s interested from my roll call. I’ll ask to see any interest. 

Tom😀

Either he or his assistant, Jacinta, will reply. He’s actually pretty responsive. Carnival will choose a location for you.

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

Either he or his assistant, Jacinta, will reply. He’s actually pretty responsive. Carnival will choose a location for you.

Thank you very much. Very helpful. I’ll poll our Roll Call members to see what interest they have. 

Tom😀