The Daily for Sunday Jul 26, 2020

richwmn

28 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Roy, thank you for your continued care list and including my family.  You can take them off now, the SIL is so much better and the BIL never showed symptoms even though positive.  I really appreciate  everyone's prayers, thoughts and concern.

That is really good news to hear 🙂. So happy for you all 😄❤️ 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Himself said:

Rich:  

I wonder where the OOsterdam is headed?

Heading for Punta Arenas, Costa Rica and more than likely following her big sister Koningsdam in a Panama Canal transit, Father

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, richwmn said:

today is All or Nothing Day and Aunt and Uncle Day

Have you noticed that all you need to grow healthy, vigorous grass is a crack in your sidewalk?

Meal suggestion for today - Flavorful Pot Roast

Wine of the day - Matervini Malbec Luján de Cuyo Finca Perdriel vintage 2015

At Sea Indian Ocean
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Port Klang eta 7/28

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam destination Balboa eta 7/26
Oosterdam destination Panama Canal eta 7/28

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) destination Panama Canal, eta 8/13

Port Dickson
Eurodam
Noordam

Volendam
Zuiderdam

Limassol
Amsterdam
Maasdam
Rotterdam
Veendam

Port Klang
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

0726Sing.png

0726Cyprus.png

Rich, in case you didn't catch it, after her stay off Limassol, Cyprus Rotterdam will be continuing on to the Damen-Verolme shipyard in her namesake city of Rotterdam in the Netherlands, ETA 10 Aug 20. No doubt refurbishing work for her new owners, Fred Olson. The work is scheduled to take one week. Unk, at this time if Amsterdam is also going there or, perhaps a German yard like Blohm + Voss in Hamburg, for the same purpose.

Still no official confirmation that startup line Blue Seas Cruises are the new owners of Maasdam and Veendam

Be safe everyone!     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the daily Rich. I learn something every day from this forum. Tomorrow I start heading home. I have two mountain ranges to cross from the coast to the high desert of Oregon. No hurry so I may break it up into two travel days. I’ve been land cruising for a month, I’m ready to go sea cruising or at least stay home for a bit. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, lindaler said:

Thanks for the daily Rich. I learn something every day from this forum. Tomorrow I start heading home. I have two mountain ranges to cross from the coast to the high desert of Oregon. No hurry so I may break it up into two travel days. I’ve been land cruising for a month, I’m ready to go sea cruising or at least stay home for a bit. 

Safe travels, Linda! Enjoy the journey!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

Linda have a wonderful safe trip home over those 2 mountain ranges!! You have your own co pilot your fur baby to help! 
Prayers for safe return home👍
PS Thank you for all your contributions 
especially those wonderful sand drawings! I really liked them.

Denise😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Heading for Punta Arenas, Costa Rica and more than likely following her big sister Koningsdam in a Panama Canal transit, Father

I did not think they would let the Koningsdam in a second time.

12 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Hello everyone.

Just stopping by to thank everyone for all the wonderful thoughts and prayers especially Jacqui for posting what is happening to me and she and Jose are doing well after his cataract surgery and her teeth work.

It has been a long 2 months of hospitals, etc. and it is definite that we will never be cruising again.  Thus I have lost (for now anyways) in CC.  Maybe sometime I will return.  You all enjoy your cruises when they resume.

Yonnie

Thank you for your post, really sorry that you will not be cruising again, but hope you will sometimes  visit Cruise Critic.

We appreciate all the helpful information you have posted in the past.

Sending our very best wishes to you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

@DeeniEncinitas

Denise, praying the storm does not cause any damage to your place in Maui. 

Thanks sis! We have been in contact with our friends as well as our maintenance gardener. We have shutters in place all our furniture by pool is secured! As of right now it is heading north of us and strong winds up to 80 miles an hour and heavy rain! Thank you for thinking of us! Kaanapali area will be shut down tomorrow. Asked to shelter in place. Hope all goes well. Will wait and hope.

Denise😊

• Like 2