Anyone experience possible charter ship double book their sailing??

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I was told about the charter a couple weeks ago.  I looked online and sure enough the charter was announced, with our ship. The cruise was still showing on Royal  Caribbean‘s website. A couple days after bookings opened through the charter company, we received our letter from Royal Caribbean.  I thought we were notified very quickly.   I couldn’t have stayed on the ship even if I want to, I would’ve had to cancel and rebook through the charter company. 

Is it full ship charter or just a large group?

m

Thanks! guess we should expect an email in the coming week or so... and I guess it stands to see whether the remaining 6 nights will become a revised 6 night cruise, or if the following cruises will be further affected if itineraries change. Yeesh...such scheduling drama- we just held another date in August till we get the email. Thankful there was another similar itinerary.

Crazy that you can still see September 12th sailing still as well if that has been fully chartered by Jane McDonald and a revised itinerary. Especially if emails were already sent. RCL should pull from reso system already. 

Thanks all! 

Never been bumped by a full ship charter. But we have run into several large groups who have booked a big part of the ship for their personal use.  Some are ok, some are horror stories.  If you ever run into a group called "Kyani"  run for cover. That was the worst we have ever experienced.

A few years back, the exact same thing happened on an 11 night sailing of the Serenade- mid Feb.-- a  Melissa Ethridge concert  that started advertising and selling cabins online in Sept.  It took months for RC to even acknowledge it and stop selling cabins.  We got the usual 200 OBC and price protection.  It didn't help most of us that were on B2b sailings or more. After resituating many of us, RC then announced a short western Caribbean cruise to fill the gap was available for booking.  

On 7/28/2020 at 4:33 PM, Liverpoolfan181 said:

We put down a deposit on Anthem of the Seas sailing next September 23 2021 for 9 nights in Northern Europe.  

Through other social media forums, We learned that this sailing has apparently become a charter sailing for a themed concert. This charter is also expected to be a 3 night heading to completely different ports. 

At what point does one learn that they will be bumped from this sailing? Why is RCL double booking same ship with different itinerary? 

the charter is selling rooms but so is RCL. Our TA says that as long as RCL puts the rooms in inventory to sell, she can sell them and they can’t see anything on the charter. 

Of course for a good laugh, called RCL direct and they claim the “charter” is only 3 nights of the 9 and won’t interfere with regular sailing guests, but again how does this make sense with 2 different itineraries?? They keep stating our sailing will happen. #facepalm

Also if the charter sails 3 nights, what happens to the remaining 6 nights of the original cruise? RCL not offering any 6 night cruise pre-sale and I can’t imagine they just don’t pick up passengers for 6 nights. 

the cruise before us became a charter as well but full week which made sense.

trying to plan a bday trip for my mother and ideally this is the preferred sailing, but how long do you hold out to see what happens?

We’ve luckily never had to deal with a charter bump in all our cruising years.... has anyone experienced this before? 

A couple of years ago we booked on board on Monday a cruise the following year on Adventure (spring break time frame). The next cruise agent even talked with Miami to get the room we wanted.  By Thursday when our friends tried to book the ship was locked.  First it was a ex-football star vanity cruise then it became a Gay cruise with an overnight in St Barts 21 and over and special entertainment.  We had kids so this cruise was out.  We found out way before Royal told us. I even talked to the Gay cruise charter company who was very helpful in getting us off that cruise and onto another Royal cruise out of PR with no cost and similar room before Royal contacted us about the charter.

4 hours ago, LeesSummitCruiser1 said:

A couple of years ago we booked on board on Monday a cruise the following year on Adventure (spring break time frame). The next cruise agent even talked with Miami to get the room we wanted.  By Thursday when our friends tried to book the ship was locked.  First it was a ex-football star vanity cruise then it became a Gay cruise with an overnight in St Barts 21 and over and special entertainment.  We had kids so this cruise was out.  We found out way before Royal told us. I even talked to the Gay cruise charter company who was very helpful in getting us off that cruise and onto another Royal cruise out of PR with no cost and similar room before Royal contacted us about the charter.

Same here! The charter coordinators were the ones to confirm much of the info and had it not been for them and some food people to advise, I would still not know. Great to know it all worked out for you. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, beardedladies said:

Oh dear, that’s sounding very messy!

Someone is throwing their toys out of the pram!!

I suspect FF started selling the new itineraries before the deal was officially done; which is why RCI never pulled their itineraries from sale.

• Like 1

Hello,

I hope RCI follows the example set by X a couple of years ago. An 'Intensive Food and Wine' cruise (on Constellation) allowed us then to bring bottles of wine aboard from our various ports of call for consumption in the dining rooms without any corkage.

Cheers!

Cublet

The Floating Festival debacle has impacted thousands of travellers ... and the prospect of refunds from FF does not look positive. It would appear that after the 2020 cruise was postponed, FF continued to sell cabins for 2021 despite not having a signed charter agreement in place for the new dates - hence RCL never pulled the inventory from sale.

Edited by mitchmagi

9 hours ago, little britain said:

Looks like the wine cruise won!

FE4FD740-9E46-4BB6-9F9E-07A0074F0C68.png

OMG I saw that same note on a FB thread. I was not expecting this result. Therefore all 3 possible charters from FF has been cancelled. While beyond thrilled to learn we will not be booted off our Sept 23 sailing, it's certainly an incredible disappointment to those charter guests as it sounds like FF were selling the charter before anything was signed.  There was also this  note posted in the same thread:

Charter.jpg