Family Veranda Lift & Shift

Stu UK

We have a FV booked on Constellation in October 2020 which I’m guessing will be cancelled.  Does anyone know how Celebrity treats these under Lift & Shift within M & S class given the pending conversation to Sunset Suits on Constellation (at an unknown point) and already converted on Silhouette?

Edited by Stu UK

I think you will need to call to see.  I believe I've seen it posted that in at least 1 case the result was they were not eligible for L&S.   I'd think that if you were booked as 2 or 3 passengers in the FV they might assign you a 2A.   Don't assume you will get any type of upgrade.

I had a 1A on Reflection, the only L&S option was Constellation where they would only assign me a 2A.  To me this was a 3 category downgrade.  The stuck to their story that 1A is the highest veranda category on S class and 2A is the highest veranda category on M class.   I cancelled as the price I had paid made no sense for a smaller 2A cabin on a non refurbished M class ship.

15 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I think you will need to call to see.  I believe I've seen it posted that in at least 1 case the result was they were not eligible for L&S.   I'd think that if you were booked as 2 or 3 passengers in the FV they might assign you a 2A.   Don't assume you will get any type of upgrade.

I had a 1A on Reflection, the only L&S option was Constellation where they would only assign me a 2A.  To me this was a 3 category downgrade.  The stuck to their story that 1A is the highest veranda category on S class and 2A is the highest veranda category on M class.   I cancelled as the price I had paid made no sense for a smaller 2A cabin on a non refurbished M class ship.

It was unrealistic to think that they would upgrade you from a 1A on Reflection to a Concierge class cabin on the Constellation.

Had a corner FV on constellation TA October 31. Made several calls on lift and shift. Always got a “No” both because it’s a TA and because no FV’s had been released for the October ‘22 crossing.

6 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

It was unrealistic to think that they would upgrade you from a 1A on Reflection to a Concierge class cabin on the Constellation.

It was just as unrealistic for Celebrity to expect me to take a 2A on Connie for $200 pp/pd as well.  I have straight up bookings in C1 on Connie same itinerary a month and a half later (Late Nov 2021 vs Early Jan 2022) for a bit less than that.  Most of the Concierge benefits I get anyway due to Captains Club status.

Their program their rules.   I have made out well on other L&S.

I had a 1a on the reflection that I had to move to next year, only choice was constellation.  I was moved into a 2b but given 300xtra obc.  Figured that was a bonus since I was only paying 100pp per day for the room on the reflection with all perks. So. Ow my 11 day is on the Connie next year.  

On 8/2/2020 at 1:54 AM, NantahalaCruiser said:

They won't.  We moved from the Reflection to the  Connie for next november.  Our TA checked with Celebrity to see if we could be moved to a Concierge cabin.  No was the celebrity response. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 8:54 AM, Stu UK said:

We have a FV booked on Constellation in October 2020 which I’m guessing will be cancelled.  Does anyone know how Celebrity treats these under Lift & Shift within M & S class given the pending conversation to Sunset Suits on Constellation (at an unknown point) and already converted on Silhouette?

My family of 4 is booked in a Millennium FV cabin for this coming Christmas (14 night Hong Kong to Singapore).  The same Christmas cruise in 2021 is being done by Solstice.  My TA talked to Celebrity today about our Lift and Shift options and they are offering us 2 balcony cabins on Solstice.....

Edited by mahdnc

7 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

My family of 4 is booked in a Millennium FV cabin for this coming Christmas (14 night Hong Kong to Singapore).  The same Christmas cruise in 2021 is being done by Solstice.  My TA talked to Celebrity today about our Lift and Shift options and they are offering us 2 balcony cabins on Solstice.....

We have what was a FV on the Eclipse booked for April which was after the originally planned revolution.  When we booked it was going to be one of the new Sunset Suites, it looked really nice.  Fast forward and all revolutionizing is on a indefinite hold.  So we were booked in a Suite (pricey) and had a FV.  X was taking the position that although not redone it was now classified as a suite.  We cancelled and rebooked a CS for about $3500 less. I never understood why when the updates couldn’t occur they didn’t try and move those who booked a now non-existent suite to a existing suite.  We have sailed in FVs and they are large but not outfitted consistent with a suite and seem to have more wear & tear than any Suite we have been in.

We had to push to get UK Celebrity to understand the FV issue I outlined above.  Our UK travel agent was useless (a well known UK Cruise Club near Chesterfield who have always been great until it comes to resolving problems).  Celebrity UK refused to offer a Lift & Shift. 

I then (without help from Travel Agent) contacted Celebrity USA HQ who totally understood situation.  They immediately offered us an upgrade to a Concierge Class (only 2 of us travelling) on a Lift & Shift.  We had decided we no longer wanted to travel on Connie as we wanted a refitted ship.  So we declined and also a CC cabin and balcony is so much smaller thank the FV.  We were then offered a substantial additional transferable FCC.

Given the poor service from our TA we started to deal direct with Celebrity bookings in the UK.  Ended up booking a great cruise on Apex for 2021 (if it goes) in a Sky Suite.  During the process we were told that the booking agent had rearranged her previous FV guests (when a family) into 2 balcony cabins.

We ended up happy.  We love Celebrity but had to be persistent and by pass our TA to get an acceptable resolution. We have booked direct before and are Elite Plus so perhaps they saw some loyality.