Key card questions

jamminlion

We have two rooms booked on a B2B. Balcony and inside across the hall. We have an adult and a teenager booked in each cabin to meet the >25 yo in a room requirement. Ultimately, adults will sleep in one cabin and teenagers will sleep in the inside. 

Q: Will we be able to have the adults with one key card each, programmed to open both cabins? 

Q: if possible, is this done at checking or at guest services? 

I seem to think that this can be done, but things change. 

Thanks in advance. 

I don't have the specifics for each ship -

but check with Guest Services to get the Key Cards coded to open the other cabin doors.

This service is done on board the ship and not at registration check in.

Your Key Card maybe coded to do this or a separate key card issued just for that purpose.

You are doing a B2B only problem maybe to have to return to Guest Services to recode the cards

for that 2nd leg.

If a separate card is issued it will be coded only to open a cabin door and will not have any other

function affecting the cabin billing - entry and exit from the ship at port.

Use the correct (your own) card.

If using your Key Card on a lanyard - beware - where the holes are punched disabling the card. 

• 2 weeks later...

Guest Services will recode cards so that each opens just one cabin, it takes just a moment.  As stated above, they can also issue a door-key only version.

Note that both of the people switching keys must be present at the desk... they want to ensure that the photo matches the person, and that nobody gets a key to a random stranger's cabin.  (But the whole group doesn't need to go, just the switchers)

On 8/5/2020 at 7:05 PM, jamminlion said:

We have two rooms booked on a B2B. Balcony and inside across the hall. We have an adult and a teenager booked in each cabin to meet the >25 yo in a room requirement. Ultimately, adults will sleep in one cabin and teenagers will sleep in the inside. 

Q: Will we be able to have the adults with one key card each, programmed to open both cabins? 

Q: if possible, is this done at checking or at guest services? 

I seem to think that this can be done, but things change. 

Thanks in advance. 

You have an error-    It’s 21 not 25 for the minimum age.    🤩🤩🤩

I see that on many occasions people on this board refer to it having to be one adult registered in each room toghether with a minor even in connected or adjoined cabins, and the need to rearrange this regarding keys when on board the ship. Every time I read about this, I must admit that it surprises me as the guest contract clearly states that

"Any Guest under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same, connecting, or side by side stateroom by a Guest 21 years of age or older at the time of embarkation who expressly agrees to be responsible for the under-21 Guest throughout the cruise."

(Quote from 4C of the guest ticket contract: https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/NCL_Guest_Ticket_Contract_041818.pdf)

56 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

I see that on many occasions people on this board refer to it having to be one adult registered in each room toghether with a minor even in connected or adjoined cabins, and the need to rearrange this regarding keys when on board the ship. Every time I read about this, I must admit that it surprises me as the guest contract clearly states that

"Any Guest under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same, connecting, or side by side stateroom by a Guest 21 years of age or older at the time of embarkation who expressly agrees to be responsible for the under-21 Guest throughout the cruise."

(Quote from 4C of the guest ticket contract: https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/NCL_Guest_Ticket_Contract_041818.pdf)

You are 100% correct that what is posted in the Guest Contract should be the final word. Unfortunately, NCL has a habit of changing things in one location but not updating the changes in another. That's why one person will find the less restrictive policy in one location and the more restrictive policy in another location. 

This has been going on for years and as far as I know, the most restrictive policy (A 21 year-old or older in each stateroom) is the current one. If people get to check-in and don't have any problems, that's great. It's just best to be prepared to have to jump through the right hoops at Guest Services just in case.  

• Like 1