Change to a different TA

bee-ess

Does anyone know if it is possible to change booked cruises with a TA to a different TA or P&O direct. We have 3 P&O cruises booked with a TA and we have been less than impressed with their performance regarding cancelled/transferred cruises and would like to change agents. Is this even possible ?

Switching to P&O in the current climate would be preferrable if possible as we have to pay 17 weeks before departure currently.

14 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to change booked cruises with a TA to a different TA or P&O direct. We have 3 P&O cruises booked with a TA and we have been less than impressed with their performance regarding cancelled/transferred cruises and would like to change agents. Is this even possible ?

Switching to P&O in the current climate would be preferrable if possible as we have to pay 17 weeks before departure currently.

No harm in enquiring with P&O. There was someone on the Princess Forum who managed to do this successfully and got all of their future cruises transferred back to Princess, check it out its under TA service charge.

• Thanks 1

I can't specifically answer the question from bee-ess.

However, what I would say to them is that whenever I book through a TA and they quote a ludicrous payment date, often 6 or 7 weeks before the cruise line payment date I say very politely to them "if you want my booking I will be paying you 10 days before the 90 days (or whatever it is)."

Their options are to then accept that or I take my booking elsewhere.

I have never yet had a TA refuse to alter their early payment date.

We all know it it is so they have the money (as an interest-free loan) for many weeks before they pay the cruise line (and they probably pay them on account at a later date than the 90 days anyway).

I find it amusing when they say that it is to make sure the payment is cleared.

Get real TA's - card payments are cleared straight away and if there were any issues they would occur within a couple of days.

No reason why bee-ess cannot at least try that, even if they're not actually allowed to change the TA. I think it's somewhat unlikely they would be able to now change TA's but others may know better than me - and I note Rupert2251's comments in the reply above.

Best regards. Peter 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When you book through a travel agent, you enter a contract with the Travel agent, who contracts with P&O. Hence why you cannot change travel agent.

If you book onboard with P&O, you have a direct contract with P&O. P&O allow you to transfer to an agent, thus creating that contractual relationship noted above because they want to keep their agents sweet. Its actually not for passenger benefit - it costs P&O money if you transfer the booking to the agent.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bee-ess said:

I asked PandO if we could transfer our worldie from a TA to them.  They said no.  Now cancelled by PandO anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As posted on another thread we wanted to transfer from this years Christmas/New Year on Aurora to next year on Arcadia.

We booked through an agent and P&O said we have to make any changes through the agent.

We were worried about the threat of even more increase in prices if P&O cancelled, say, to the end of the year yesterday, so we booked Christmas 2021 direct with P&O early yesterday. 

Our agent for the 2020 Christmas cruise wants payment by 31st August and are not accepting phone calls - need to contact 'a very limited staff working from home' by email and taking up to 28 days to respond! 

If we get close to 31st August with no resolution, I will call P&O again and ask why they cannot resolve the situation.

Times are hard but it's just a total mess.