November sailing price increase

OceanZena

I'm surprised there would be a lot of demand for a November sailing when all of October has been cancelled and it doesn't look good at the moment for November. I'd be shocked to know people are still booking for that month. 

In any case, i'm hoping it gets cancelled. 

1 hour ago, OceanZena said:

I'm surprised there would be a lot of demand for a November sailing when all of October has been cancelled and it doesn't look good at the moment for November. I'd be shocked to know people are still booking for that month. 

In any case, i'm hoping it gets cancelled. 

Why do you hope it is cancelled? 

Just now, LaRue1975 said:

Why do you hope it is cancelled? 

I don't think I want to be on one of the first sailings and would rather wait until they've been sailing a few months to feel more secure. I booked this sailing back in May thinking (hoping) things would've surely have passed by November. 

I know it may seem silly to some, but i'm now hesitant to travel anywhere until this is well behind us and hoping it's cancelled to get the refund. I'll cruise again of course but want to do it when this whole thing is a distant memory. I admit some of this is psychological and when I see cruises sail again for a while with no issues, then i'll feel confident again to book. 

• Like 3

I totally understand that and I think I would feel the same way. I didn’t realize you were booked on the cruise, it makes total sense to hope it’s cancelled to get a full refund, good luck! And I now see you are the OP, I need to pay more attention, sorry! 

Edited by LaRue1975

4 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

I totally understand that and I think I would feel the same way. I didn’t realize you were booked on the cruise, it makes total sense to hope it’s cancelled to get a full refund, good luck! 

Thanks for understanding. My final payment is due by Sept. 16 so i'm hoping to know by then if it's cancelled. If not, then i'll wait until that date to move it to a 2022 sailing (again hoping this whole thing will be well behind us). I was just dumbstruck when I saw the big price jump for my sailing today. I guess lots of people are still booking for that month and driving the price up, or as mentioned above, maybe they're booking expecting it to cancel for the OBC. 

No. It’s a sign that Carnival’s yield management system sees an opportunity to maximize revenue by increasing the rate. It forecasts people will continue to book at the newer rate.

That doesn’t mean it will sail. But Carnival says November is a go, so yes, you’re cruising (at this current point until noted otherwise by your cruise operator).

Thanks for understanding. My final payment is due by Sept. 16 so i'm hoping to know by then if it's cancelled. If not, then i'll wait until that date to move it to a 2022 sailing (again hoping this whole thing will be well behind us). I was just dumbstruck when I saw the big price jump for my sailing today. I guess lots of people are still booking for that month and driving the price up, or as mentioned above, maybe they're booking expecting it to cancel for the OBC. 
Which sailing in November 2020

It's the November 30 sailing on the Liberty from Pt. Canaveral. My neighbor is also booked on it and she's still hoping to go, but I think no matter what i'm backing out. We're booked separately so thankfully my backing out wouldn't affect her booking. 

Not surprising.  There are loads of people who have cancelled over the past few months who are booking with those credits.  That in itself creates demand and will cause prices to rise.  No great conspiracy.

• Like 1

It's the November 30 sailing on the Liberty from Pt. Canaveral. My neighbor is also booked on it and she's still hoping to go, but I think no matter what i'm backing out. We're booked separately so thankfully my backing out wouldn't affect her booking. 
If it gets cancelled, they will gift you 600 OBC to transfer to a new Cruise. So don't worry it's a Win-Win situation

I canceled our Nov 8th cruise. not because of fear of being some of the first to cruise after the shutdown but because we like to explore the islands on our own, even though we have been to most many times we still always plan something new to explore.

If we have to take ship excursions or if the islands don't let us dock than we would be very disappointed.  We have a cruise booked for Dec. so maybe will know more by then.