Check In Issue

marieps

I in no way believe this cruise will sail, but on a lark I used FCC to pay final on the Nov 6 Equinox.  Check in opened a couple of days ago and I gave it a shot last night.  The APP worked smoothly as always (even had in memory by boarding pic from the March Silhouette that got cancelled) until the very end.  Just as I was to get my boarding pass on my phone, I got a dialogue box saying the process had "hit a snag" and to try again later.  I've tried multiple times with the same result.    Seems like an omen.  Thoughts?

As bad as Celebrity's IT is you just never know.  My past cruises is still showing 10 Iceland/Ireland for May 2020 and 1 Alaska for July 2020.  all of course were canceled and I they are not showing the points but they are on my past cruises list.

12 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

As bad as Celebrity's IT is you just never know.  My past cruises is still showing 10 Iceland/Ireland for May 2020 and 1 Alaska for July 2020.  all of course were canceled and I they are not showing the points but they are on my past cruises list.

I just noticed that.  My cancelled Sillie from March and Summit from July are on my list.

9 hours ago, marieps said:

I just noticed that.  My cancelled Sillie from March and Summit from July are on my list.

My reflections one from May is there 10 times... they canceled that one, I canceled Alaska

at final payment knowing it would never sail.  October from Venice got a lift and shift.

Same issue with checking in on an Apex Nov sailing.  It looks like there is a CV19 form waiting to be added by the legal eagles and super-d-dooper IT dept before you can check the "I agree" box, which is ghosted.  I would say they aren't in any hurry, but it could just be beyond the IT expertise at the present time. 😄

18 hours ago, spiritkat090909 said:

Same issue with checking in on an Apex Nov sailing.  It looks like there is a CV19 form waiting to be added by the legal eagles and super-d-dooper IT dept before you can check the "I agree" box, which is ghosted.  I would say they aren't in any hurry, but it could just be beyond the IT expertise at the present time. 😄

Thanks very much.  The health panel may have something to do with putting together the wording of the form you mention.  Legal too, of course.

Imo, X won’t allow passengers to check in until the CDC gives the OK for cruising to resume.

Their suspension of cruising is still in effect until September 30. They could issue another extension if the Covid situation doesn’t significantly improve.

Our Apex cruise for October 22 was canceled, November 6 is only 3 weeks later. I sincerely wish you good luck, but I think the odds are against your cruise, or any others in November actually happening.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Imo, X won’t allow passengers to check in until the CDC gives the OK for cruising to resume.

Their suspension of cruising is still in effect until September 30. They could issue another extension if the Covid situation doesn’t significantly improve.

Our Apex cruise for October 22 was canceled, November 6 is only 3 weeks later. I sincerely wish you good luck, but I think the odds are against your cruise, or any others in November actually happening.

I totally agree with you.  My check in attempt is really just an exercise in going through the motions.  An experiment, if you will, to see if X is treating this sailing as if it were green lighted.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, marieps said:

I totally agree with you.  My check in attempt is really just an exercise in going through the motions.  An experiment, if you will, to see if X is treating this sailing as if it were green lighted.

👍🏻 😊

1 hour ago, spiritkat090909 said:

Update... I have been able to complete check in and have a boarding pass.  The check in times start at 1pm instead of the usual 11am.  (Apex 11/14)

Congrats.  I'll try now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spiritkat090909 said:

Update... I have been able to complete check in and have a boarding pass.  The check in times start at 1pm instead of the usual 11am.  (Apex 11/14)

I got my boarding pass, but it's weird.  It put my arrival at 2PM.  I did not get expedited arrival despite having my picture uploaded and being EP.    It gave my wife Expedited Arrival, but tells her to show at 2:30.  Strange.

1 minute ago, marieps said:

I got my boarding pass, but it's weird.  It put my arrival at 2PM.  I did not get expedited arrival despite having my picture uploaded and being EP.    It gave my wife Expedited Arrival, but tells her to show at 2:30.  Strange.

Guess you show up at 2pm and stand around for half an hour.  However, not likely to make any difference as November cruises will be few 

My sister and I have the same arrival time, thank goodness, even though she checked in a full 24 hours after me...  I don't have expedited arrival, she does.  I think I read somewhere that you have to totally do the check in on the app to get the expedited arrival to show up.  Of course, I forgot that and did mine on desktop where I can type easier. 

You all have me smiling as I'm concerned about my June 2021 Equinox sailing and here you have boarding passes for Nov. 2020. I guess I need to crank up the optimism but will be surprised if any sailings out of U.S. for remainder of 2020

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jwc1027 said:

You all have me smiling as I'm concerned about my June 2021 Equinox sailing and here you have boarding passes for Nov. 2020. I guess I need to crank up the optimism but will be surprised if any sailings out of U.S. for remainder of 2020

Actually, in my mind ... I see a brief resumption of sailing with a quick total stop again, followed by a worldwide permanent mandatory lockdown..until everyone takes a mandatory vaccine or is not allowed out of their home to buy or sell anything.  But...I'm choosing to IGNORE those thoughts  and HOPE for the best, whatever that best may be!

2 hours ago, spiritkat090909 said:

My sister and I have the same arrival time, thank goodness, even though she checked in a full 24 hours after me...  I don't have expedited arrival, she does.  I think I read somewhere that you have to totally do the check in on the app to get the expedited arrival to show up.  Of course, I forgot that and did mine on desktop where I can type easier. 

The X FAQ says as long as one of your party has the EA badge, all are welcomed to board in that line.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2020 at 5:15 PM, spiritkat090909 said:

I guess I'm just sailing "as if" until I'm not.  But, SOMESHIP gets to be the first ship from the US to sail!  As of today, November hasn't been X'd.  (Normal pessimist has suddenly become an optimist... the world HAS ended.- Eeyore.)

Apex has left the shipyard in St. Nazaire. 😉
 She's off the coast but not moving at the moment.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, marieps said:

Next test, using OBC to upgrade to Premium Bev, and whether the luggage tags arrive.  TA always orders them for me.

We got luggage tags without orderings them for a cruise that that X had already cancelled.