Carnival Bolt - Can't wait

BlerkOne

On 8/17/2020 at 5:50 AM, RWolver672 said:

What bothers me the most about this ride is what provisions will they have for rescuing the passengers if the cars break down mid track.  If it's mechanical, it will break down.  We've all seen where roller coasters stop mid track and they have to use cherry pickers or fire trucks to get the people off of the cars.  

It's a powered coaster so they'll just push/pull the disabled car back to the station with a tug or another car.

6 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

If you go to Carnival’s website it states Bolt will be an additional cost, although it doesn’t say how much. 

One reason they will charge for this is to manage the number of riders in line. If you make it free, many more will wait for it, including multiple riders, but if there is a charge, the herd will thin. I would think with 5000 pax aboard, and a 40 rides per hour capacity a $5 to $7 charge will keep the line to 40 to 60 guests.

I wonder if you can buy one of those cool jackets in the gift shop? Be a good use of all the OBC.

29 minutes ago, Moviela said:

One reason they will charge for this is to manage the number of riders in line. If you make it free, many more will wait for it, including multiple riders, but if there is a charge, the herd will thin. I would think with 5000 pax aboard, and a 40 rides per hour capacity a $5 to $7 charge will keep the line to 40 to 60 guests.

My guess, and that’s all it is, is it will be around $10 per ride. As you and others have stated, the ride has a very low capacity compared to the number of guests on board. Therefore, Carnival shouldn’t have any problem charging $10 or maybe even higher per ride. 

Just now, PhillyFan33579 said:

My guess, and that’s all it is, is it will be around $10 per ride. As you and others have stated, the ride has a very low capacity compared to the number of guests on board. Therefore, Carnival shouldn’t have any problem charging $10 or maybe even higher per ride. 

OMG!   You can ride the Cyclone in Coney Island for that without discounts.

I am more excited to ride it after watching the video. I didn't know you control it, which is pretty cool. For any of the cons, a coaster at sea is a pretty cool experience.

I am also surprisingly glad it will not be free. With a ship with that many passengers, the wait in line wouldn't be worth it. Even for a small fee, there will still be a line. They will charge whatever they can. I am expecting around $10 per passenger.

No thanks, if I wanted theme parks I would go to Disney or Universal. There is no way that

I could enjoy myself on the deck with constant screaming and noise. I go on a cruise to relax

not to completely stress out. You can keep it. I will stick to the smaller ships. 🙃

• Like 1