Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

On 8/18/2021 at 4:39 PM, Seany527 said:

Do you think the guest capacity of the Prima class warrants a full Musical or will we get NCL originals like “Blazin Boots”?

Dawn and now Jade have Elements,  which rivals the big shows. 

It's pretty amazing. 

On 8/18/2021 at 4:39 PM, Seany527 said:

Do you think the guest capacity of the Prima class warrants a full Musical or will we get NCL originals like “Blazin Boots”?

I hope we get Choir of Man. They are awesome!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, peg013 said:

I hope we get Choir of Man. They are awesome!!!

My 2 pennies worth on this:  As it is the first ship of a new class, I believe they will come out with a several new shows. May be, down the road, they will alternate ships with some existing shows but for the inaugural season, I would be very surprised if they put an existing show

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BenCoudon said:

My 2 pennies worth on this:  As it is the first ship of a new class, I believe they will come out with a several new shows. May be, down the road, they will alternate ships with some existing shows but for the inaugural season, I would be very surprised if they put an existing show

I hope you’re right but didn’t they do it with Burn the Floor....Epic then Breakaway?

With the state of Broadway and other performing arts out there, there is a HUGE "inventory" of existing and wannabe shows out there.  Many would love the "platform" of a few thousand captive audience members weekly to go out and spread the word.

While Choir of Man may indeed be good, it's yesterday's mashed potatoes. Lots of new stuff out there looking to be seen and heard!

1 hour ago, Seany527 said:

I hope you’re right but didn’t they do it with Burn the Floor....Epic then Breakaway?

Epic and Breakaway/Getaway were new ships nothing compared to a new class with 6 ships

I don't remember all the details but I don't think NCL had done the same "fanfare" with the Epic

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

With the state of Broadway and other performing arts out there, there is a HUGE "inventory" of existing and wannabe shows out there.  Many would love the "platform" of a few thousand captive audience members weekly to go out and spread the word.

While Choir of Man may indeed be good, it's yesterday's mashed potatoes. Lots of new stuff out there looking to be seen and heard!

Agreed.  And several ships will soon be looking for new material.  Burn the floor and others have been running for a long time on various ships

• Like 1

I've been thinking about the possible shows on Prima.  I REALLY hope they go with a full Broadway show.  Top of my wish list would be either Avenue Q or Book of Mormon.   😄 

For smaller shows, I'm really hoping they have a Cavern Club on the Prima.  My husband and I both LOVE the Beatles and would enjoy the heck out of that on our Prima cruise next year (although, if they don't have it I can console myself with the fact that I have an Alaska cruise on Encore booked for 2023 and can experience it then). 

1 hour ago, brigand13 said:

I've been thinking about the possible shows on Prima.  I REALLY hope they go with a full Broadway show.  Top of my wish list would be either Avenue Q or Book of Mormon.   😄 

For smaller shows, I'm really hoping they have a Cavern Club on the Prima.  My husband and I both LOVE the Beatles and would enjoy the heck out of that on our Prima cruise next year (although, if they don't have it I can console myself with the fact that I have an Alaska cruise on Encore booked for 2023 and can experience it then). 

I would love either of those shows, but I don't think that they will book a show that some people could find offensive.  

I enjoyed Six - and that was a show that originally started at the Fringe Festival before being scooped up to be on the West End (and open on Broadway right as COVID hit) - but this is already on 2 ships, so I doubt they will add it to another.

I could totally see them doing something like Ain't Too Proud or Moulin Rouge - or even Chicago.....something with wide appeal and not "too" broadway.

On 5/12/2021 at 5:43 PM, MarkieMarkNYC said:

I was excited about this until I saw the photos. I don't like having a balcony over a busy deck area and that is the case for all of the balconies. I'd rather look down at the sea and not have constant noise directly under me.

I just watched a video about the ship and this was my question.  Are NO balconies looking down to sea?  That would rule it out for me, and I love trying new ships.  I guess this will be a love it or hate it ship in that regard.

23 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

As a new class, Epic started with Blue Man Group, Legends in Concert, Cirque Dinner as well as several others.  

3 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

Book of Mormon would be effing awesome!  Whatever happened to Six? I thought that was coming to Bliss or Encore. It seems to be a very hot ticket in NYC.

Bliss has Six (or did before the shutdown), I've seen it.  I thought it was great!  If you want a preview - the soundtrack is on Amazon Music, free to listen to with Prime.