Help with flight to San Antonio (Santiago), Chile

tpwolfe

Looking at a cruise that is leaving from San Antonio (Santiago), Chile.  I was wondering if anyone booked a flight (one way) to San Antonio (Santiago), Chile using Flight ease and about what it costed?  

The answer to that question really depends on cruise date and where you are flying from. If you were thinking of going on the January 2020 Antarctic cruise, the cost is probably similar to the published rates. If you are booking for a year out then prices are probably pretty good. Just as an example we booked a flight to Lima a couple of years ago through flight ease, one way, first class for about $700 from Newark. I do not know where you are flying form but there is an Avianca flight a few weeks ago, JFK to Santiago, business class for just over $500 directly through the airline. Best of luck shopping!

I will give you a guess price of around $500/pp.  We did a one way to Tokyo last year and it was $325/pp but South America is always more expensive and both their airlines have filed for bankruptcy. My prices are all economy seats.

Edited by KirkNC

It has been a few years and bought it during a Black Friday sales event but I got (DFW to San Diego and Santiago to DFW) for $600 per person.    That was Flight Ease.  Book now but watch for a sales event. Use Google flights to track.  

Most travel gurus say the sweet spot is 90 days out.  

Edited by Mary229

I used Flight Ease for a First Class flight from DAY-ATL connecting with an ATL-SCL on Delta in Business Class.  Whatever I paid for that ticket seems to me to be irrelevant at this time even though that flight was in recent years.  Who knows what the cost might be now in comparison?   The price was significantly better than any price that I would have paid booking my flight on my own.   

I have almost always saved money booking air for international flights via HAL's air program rather than doing it myself.  The one time when they could not help was a one way from Singapore to San Francisco on Singapore Airlines in Business Class.  No contract or arrangements with Singapore Airlines, I assume.  

It has been years ago, don't remember the price of an open jaw Flight Ease flight into Santiago and out Buenos Aires, but know it was much cheaper than I could find any other way. Flight Ease can really save you money on one way and open jaw international flights.

Our experience in purchasing  open jaw international tickets to  Europe in the fall and Asia/Austrralia in the winter  for the past nine years has been that prices months five months out or more are often more expensive.   We have found that prices 14-45 days out or up to 90 days out are about the same. 

The very best fare we have had to Asia was purchased ten days out.   Last fall, the price of our open jaw to Europe was the same a week prior to departure as what we had paid 45 days prior to departure.

It is supply and demand.  It is far too early to shop for March 2022.  Besides, who knows what airlines will still be in business by them.   Even the current airline schedules nine or ten months are not in the least bit solid even though they are on the board.

Edited by iancal