Where was I?

But if you post a photo that you have taken yourself, people can't google image it, can they? 

All the photos I have posted have been my own photos.

Anyway I really like this game even though my guesses are sometimes way off the mark.

The photos can be beautiful or ugly - nothing wrong with the photo posted.

But, yes, please  give hints or answers that help us if people have tried but not got there.

And let's keep game going in fun spirit it was intended. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kristelle said:

But if you post a photo that you have taken yourself, people can't google image it, can they? 

Anyway I really like this game even though my guesses are sometimes way off the mark.

The photos can be beautiful or ugly - nothing wrong with the photo posted.

But, yes, please  give hints or answers that help us if people have tried but not got there.

And let's keep game going in fun spirit it was intended. 

i have never posted a photo that i haven't taken myself

I don't think there is any rule for or against doing so - I just meant if the photos are people's own  ones, I dont see how Google image would help anyway.

1 minute ago, Kristelle said:

You can google image anything and often you will find a similar photo to the one you have taken. I use it for finding where I took a photo if I have forgotten (older images without GPS) or I also get a lot of postcards and some of those don't have where the pic is taken so I google image those and usually I find out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kristelle said:

You can still use a search engine on computers (and perhaps some devices) to find similar images of a personal photo, it may not be exact but it may give a big clue. I don't always have access to all the photos I have taken personally, so I may not have posted a photo taken personally but I have usually been there and taken similar photos. 

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Very helpful, not.

Well I have seen similar posts from you, but we have just carried on and worked out what the pic is, so I suggest we just do that.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Kristelle said:

Anyway Port Walcott.

Correct, your turn, don’t forget to put a road sign so someone can work out where it is, haha

48 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

I don't think any thing has been lost here only your sense of humour, so if a clue is what you want again, i seem to recall you going off about the same things once before, so here is a clue you might be able to pick up where this place is in this great country of ours

Sorry to disagree, @qbay46, but the original concept of this, way back when I started it, was to respond to guesses individually as soon as possible so that the location could be narrowed down. If you had responded to Yaya-in-Oz's post immediately after responding to to Mic's five guesses it would have been fair enough but the gap between those posts meant your response to Mic's post's was meaningless and unhelpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sorry to disagree, @qbay46, but the original concept of this, way back when I started it, was to respond to guesses individually as soon as possible so that the location could be narrowed down. If you had responded to Yaya-in-Oz's post immediately after responding to to Mic's five guesses it would have been fair enough but the gap between those posts meant your response to Mic's post's was meaningless and unhelpful.

I have moved on with this subject, it is not the first time it has come up from the person who stared it, how about you moving on and just let the the next poster get on with there next pic and let the game continue.

5 hours ago, qbay46 said:

I don't think any thing has been lost here only your sense of humour, so if a clue is what you want again, i seem to recall you going off about the same things once before, so here is a clue you might be able to pick up where this place is in this great country of ours

Indeed I did. I could of course post a picture of some barn or train and post "it's somewhere in this great country of mine" it's really not much of a clue. Just like grouping 5 questions together and saying "it's in one of those". I seem to recall the last time I posted such a post out of frustration the game faded away  for some time.

• Like 1

I am alternatively intrigued and annoyed by this exercise.  Can I suggest a couple of rules?

1. Photos must be taken by the entrant

2. Photos must be interesting/scenic, not boring photos of rubbish bins, sheds and rail lines etc

3. One location guess per post

1. Is a given, after all the thread is "Where was I".

2. Yes. Scenic or interesting.

3. That's a given as you can only be in one place at a time. Although, I have occasionally posted additional pics in the near vicinity as hints.