Where was I?

31 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Getting close to me logging off, so here is a big clue.image.thumb.png.18ca47720f37a6161b406f25f141cdff.pngThis photo shows the city with the Sea Princess docked at the port.

Cadiz, Spain? 

Edited by NSWP

Just now, By The Bay said:

You are  correct.

The Roman theatre of Cádiz in Cádiz, Andalusia, in southern Spain. The remains (only partially excavated) were discovered in 1980.

Over to you, I'm off for my 🥂

Thank you as have been into Cadiz a couple of times, where the Spanish Fleet sailed from too in ye olde days to do battle with the Royal Navy. Standby for photo as I am having my happy hour scotch and dry.🥃

Now Uncle Mic has interrupted the broadcast here is the pic again....As it is getting late in the day, I will give you a clue, it is in the Northern Hemisphere.

download (1).jpg

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The wildlife on the other side of that bridge is amazing, they are so large I can see it from here.

No wildlife on display.  All the smart people on here must be in bed or otherwise engaged, just me and you Mic.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, Docker123 said:

The new Pearl Bay Bridge (SeaChange).

🤡🤡🤠😷😷😷😷😷

November Oscar, what sort of rubbish have you been watching on the gogglebox, Adrian? 

5 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

It looks like the Severn bridge, but there are now 2 of them.

I will award the prize to you, well done, it is the Severn Suspension Bridge, linking England and Wales. Opened in 1966, the other bridge you mention is the newer one which carries the M4 Motorway, further upstream.

Whilst the first bridge was being built, 63-66, I was at the Army Apprentices College in Beachley, Chepstow, almost underneath the bridge whilst it was being built. I emigrated to OZ in 66, so never saw it completed, until I drove across it in 1997, and in later years drove across the one carrying the M4.  The really strong winds sometimes force the closure of the Severn Bridge, a couple of times lorries have blown over.

Over to you.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I will award the prize to you, well done, it is the Severn Suspension Bridge, linking England and Wales. Opened in 1966, the other bridge you mention is the newer one which carries the M4 Motorway, further upstream.

Whilst the first bridge was being built, 63-66, I was at the Army Apprentices College in Beachley, Chepstow, almost underneath the bridge whilst it was being built. I emigrated to OZ in 66, so never saw it completed, until I drove across it in 1997, and in later years drove across the one carrying the M4.  The really strong winds sometimes force the closure of the Severn Bridge, a couple of times lorries have blown over.

Over to you.

Was in Bristol when SSC was being built. After 2nd bridge was opened tolls were only collected when entering England. Many people drove up through Gloucester to avoid paying. 

• Like 1