Honeymooning on Princess Cruise

piperboy_714

On 8/20/2020 at 5:53 PM, piperboy_714 said:

Hello all!

My fiancée and I will be going to Mexico in March 2021 for our honeymoon. This is the first time my fiancée will ever be on a cruise and my second cruise, but well over 15 years since I first went. Any advice, tips, or tricks that you all could think of for our trip!

Thank you in advance! 

Get passports (the books - although the passport cards or Government ID and Birth Certificates work for land and sea travel to Mexico).  If you get stuck and have to fly home, you can't fly without them. 

Book under the names on your passports and wait until after to get a new one.  Your passport has to exact match the cruise-lines booking info.   Google "passport honeymoon cruise"

Ditto to all the other tips given here and ...

Get a couples pass to the Enclave - and use it to recuperate - after shore excursions of course.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 6:16 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

If you can afford it...book a suite.

Balcony dinner is a great idea. Not too expensive and very ultra.

Another suggestion is the Chef's Table. You sign up for it at Passenger Services or with the Maitre D' (limited availability, maybe 12 people) It's usually offered only once per cruise. Pax Svcs is easier. If you decide to do it, be sure to pack closed toe shoes. There's a kitchen tour included, the shoes are required.

Fingers crossed that the cruise is a GO.

As great as the Chef's dinner is, I would go with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner (UBD) for a honeymoon. You can pre book this under in your cruise personalize under onboard services/Culinary Delights. UBD is at the bottom I believe.. My recommendation is to do this while in port allowing the dinner to continue as you are leaving port. Try and make sure you have to sunset on your side the evening you do this.

Have FUN!🥂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Travlin grrl said:

I think there are certain stores that have Princess gift cards. Maybe for your wedding you could put that on your registry to ease your expenses on the ship. You might want to do couple massages or something fun. 

Princess also has their own Honeymoon Wishes registry. It worked well for us.

A honeymoon is a great time to book a Chef's Table experience, Ultimate Balcony Dining, couples massages, and wine maker dinners. Some other experiences are great but have elements to keep in mind. The Ultimate Balcony breakfast is ok on a lazy sea day but it is an insane amount of food. The Ultimate Ship's Tour also includes some gifts (chef's jacket, robe, stationery, etc.) you will need to plan to pack to take home.

That said, you do you. Your honeymoon is a time to connect and relax however you see fit.

Cheers to the start of your life together! 🥂

• Like 1

It's so good to hear of another honeymooner with a positive attitude! We are booked for a Mediterranean cruise at the end of April 2021 and our fingers are crossed for smooth sailing.  These are all great ideas and I will keep them in my back pocket for sure!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 12:58 PM, karabear15 said:

It's so good to hear of another honeymooner with a positive attitude! We are booked for a Mediterranean cruise at the end of April 2021 and our fingers are crossed for smooth sailing.  These are all great ideas and I will keep them in my back pocket for sure!

Spring in the Mediterranean is wonderful! Enjoy your honeymoon cruise and launching your voyage into marriage. 🍾🥂