Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

With QE now back in Australia/NZ waters for the summer season, I was clicking through some old trip photo files and ran across this picture.  The buildings in the background might be familiar enough to identify this already-seen port.

image.thumb.png.758efb6a778955021cb69503df3c2287.png

55 minutes ago, sfred said:

With QE now back in Australia/NZ waters for the summer season, I was clicking through some old trip photo files and ran across this picture.  The buildings in the background might be familiar enough to identify this already-seen port.

image.thumb.png.758efb6a778955021cb69503df3c2287.png

Good old Auckland, NZ.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sfred said:

As Auckland proved to be rather easy, here's another picture from a past voyage that I found in my archive folders.  This one is from a different Cunard ship. 

image.thumb.png.ac4ffc7db404d16ebcf9bc9e79d2157a.png

I’ll open with Naples, Italy. 

12 minutes ago, rog747 said:

The old fortress of Corfu   - I was going to say Dubrovnik at first but its Corfu Town  - great for a wander 

Corfu and the Fortress is correct!  And you are right about both Corfu and Dubrovnik being great for wandering.  Photo was taken 26 September 2016, on a QV voyage from Civitavecchia ro Venice via Corfu, Dubrovnik, and Kotor.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sfred said:

Corfu and the Fortress is correct!  And you are right about both Corfu and Dubrovnik being great for wandering.  Photo was taken 26 September 2016, on a QV voyage from Civitavecchia ro Venice via Corfu, Dubrovnik, and Kotor.

I first went to Corfu (Benitses) in 1973 -  first time to Greece - loved it - go back every year the Greek Islands for Hopping once or twice a year.
First time to Budva and Dubrovnik (pre Earthquake) 1972 

15 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Another first-time player of our game. Welcome, @rog747!

Thank you! 

Do I get the next go then LOL ?

I've cruised on Cunard since my first Voyage on QM2 in OCT 2008 (Tandem TA with the QE2 Eastbound to SOU, which was her last ever TA crossing, trailing her very long Paying Off Pennant) 
My Pals were on QE2 and we were daily sending messages across to each other!

I like this friendly and informative Group, and have met some very nice folk off it.

My take on Cunard:
I love my trips, I love the old traditions and Dressing for the Formal Evenings, and the Big Bands.
The QM2 which is of course, unique and stunning, but QE is my Fav ship, and I miss her leaving British Waters yet again.
QV is 'nice' but I prefer her with the pretty raked stern as built in 2007. 

Before my first Cunard trip, I flew over to NYC to watch on the 13th January 2008 all three Cunard Liners, the Queen Mary 2, the Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2) and the new Queen Victoria (on her Maiden Transatlantic voyage) arrive, and then leave NYC.
We went out on the Hudson from the Manhattan Piers on an Edwardian 1930's yacht in the evening in the freezing cold and the snow, to watch and follow the stunning departure of the 3 great ships.
QE2 and QV were berthed all day on the Manhattan Piers and QM2 was in Brooklyn. 
It's a shame that all 3 could not have been berthed in Manhattan for this.

The previous week I had been out on a motor launch (also cold and freezing) following the QE2 with her Tugs leave SOU for NYC and proceed slowly in the dark down Southampton Water to Calshot.
Memorable times.

I've not been back on-board Cunard since 2019 (July, QM2 SOU-NYC via LPL, Iceland and Halifax, then QE down to the Canaries for pre-Xmas).

I was going to book a few weeks ago on QM2 on her 19 night Voyage that has just left SOU on Sunday for NYC (after her lovely refit) then down to the Caribbean Islands and back to NYC, then fly home,

BUT I dithered LOL....
What an Idiot I was !

Here's a webcam for an already-seen port.  I've cropped out the data/time banner.  One of the port vehicles is just covering the ship's name on the stern, so bonus points for guessting the ship between QE/QV.

image.thumb.png.4b3d722454ae977bdff4534be780c309.png