Online Lift and Shift question

TorontoSailor

Last week, I opted for an online Lift and Shift. Had to change ships, but I don’t really mind, as I’ve been on most of the Celebrity ships, except the newest ones. Changed from a winter 2021 (too soon for us!) to winter 2022 (much better odds it will go and bookings are filling up fast!)

The website said I’d  receive confirmation within 72 hours, but, of course, that has lapsed. Celebrity has a habit of not sticking to its own policies, in my experience. 

For anyone who did an online L/S, how long did it take to get your confirmation? At what point should I call and check?

I’m not overly concerned. Hard to get too worked up about something a year and a half away! 

Just curious about other people’s experiences with this.

Thanks...and stay safe/healthy, everyone! 

9 minutes ago, TorontoSailor said:

Last week, I opted for an online Lift and Shift. Had to change ships, but I don’t really mind, as I’ve been on most of the Celebrity ships, except the newest ones. Changed from a winter 2021 (too soon for us!) to winter 2022 (much better odds it will go and bookings are filling up fast!)

The website said I’d  receive confirmation within 72 hours, but, of course, that has lapsed. Celebrity has a habit of not sticking to its own policies, in my experience. 

For anyone who did an online L/S, how long did it take to get your confirmation? At what point should I call and check?

I’m not overly concerned. Hard to get too worked up about something a year and a half away! 

Just curious about other people’s experiences with this.

Thanks...and stay safe/healthy, everyone! 

I know your question specifically references how long it takes for an "on-line" L&S. I called my TA to process a L&S because I didn't book directly with Celebrity. When we spoke, he also mentioned that I likely wouldn't hear sooner than 3 days given the time it took to process. Since I called to make the change, it has also gone beyond the 3 days. I'm not surprised at this point. I told the TA I would call back in a week or two if I didn't see the confirmation from Celebrity come through.

• Like 1

I don’t recall getting a confirmation.  But within 2 days it showed in my upcoming cruises.  I wanted a different suite than the computer assigned so I called and they changed the cabin and sent a new confirmation. 

• Like 1

Mine took over 3 weeks.   I called Captains Club after week 1 and week 2 and was told they were backed up.  After week 3 I contacted someone I had had several contacts before and they told me they had sent an inquiry to the department handling.  Within 30 minutes it was taken care of.  

I believe the squeaky wheels are getting the attention and the rest sit on the bottom of the pile.  I wouldn't have been concerned about the time normally but my L&S involved moving between S and M class where there was no equivalent cabin category and I didn't want to be downgraded.  It turned out that their interpretation of compatible cabin didn't match mine and I just cancelled.  Took 3 weeks to get FCC for my NRD which wasn't bad.

• Like 1

My L&S was made within the first few days of the program's introduction. I called my TA, asked to change cabin (same category) at the same time, if possible, and had written confirmation from the TA within a couple of hours. The change was reflected on Celebrity's website shortly thereafter, probably a day or two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vulcan1971 said:

I know your question specifically references how long it takes for an "on-line" L&S. I called my TA to process a L&S because I didn't book directly with Celebrity. When we spoke, he also mentioned that I likely wouldn't hear sooner than 3 days given the time it took to process. Since I called to make the change, it has also gone beyond the 3 days. I'm not surprised at this point. I told the TA I would call back in a week or two if I didn't see the confirmation from Celebrity come through.

I did the lift and shift online on the 4th and have not heard anything back yet.   I actually went in today and tried again and a message popped up that I had already requested.   It still shows my 11/2/2020 cruise in my profile.   I'm assuming they are just way behind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Mine took over 3 weeks.   I called Captains Club after week 1 and week 2 and was told they were backed up.  After week 3 I contacted someone I had had several contacts before and they told me they had sent an inquiry to the department handling.  Within 30 minutes it was taken care of.  

I believe the squeaky wheels are getting the attention and the rest sit on the bottom of the pile.  I wouldn't have been concerned about the time normally but my L&S involved moving between S and M class where there was no equivalent cabin category and I didn't want to be downgraded.  It turned out that their interpretation of compatible cabin didn't match mine and I just cancelled.  Took 3 weeks to get FCC for my NRD which wasn't bad.

Ah, yes. The squeaky wheels always get the grease. Perhaps I’ll call this week. Don’t want to be stuck with a cabin downgrade...and I don’t always trust them to do the right thing! 

1 hour ago, robinandrobert said:

I did the lift and shift online on the 4th and have not heard anything back yet.   I actually went in today and tried again and a message popped up that I had already requested.   It still shows my 11/2/2020 cruise in my profile.   I'm assuming they are just way behind. 

@robinandrobert - I would agree. They likely have people much closer to final payment date that need this transaction completed. My original cruise date was March 2021.

By the way, I'm surprised this is your first post and you have been a member since 2007.

Edited by vulcan1971

1 hour ago, vulcan1971 said:

@robinandrobert - I would agree. They likely have people much closer to final payment date that need this transaction completed. My original cruise date was March 2021.

By the way, I'm surprised this is your first post and you have been a member since 2007.

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

My L & S was from a Feb 2021 cruise to a Feb 2022 and I did it on-line early this month.  Took 2 days,  not sure how I got so lucky.

So, oddly enough in my boredom today, I logged into my Celebrity Cruises profile to see whether or not my old cruise was listed or if the new one was listed. To my surprise, the new cruise is listed. Now this could have been done days ago and I didn't think to look. Now that the new cruise shows in my upcoming cruises, I will only bug the TA in about two weeks if I don't see a new confirmation sent.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

My L & S was from a Feb 2021 cruise to a Feb 2022 and I did it on-line early this month.  Took 2 days,  not sure how I got so lucky.

I had the same experience on a Feb 21 to Feb 22 cruise.  It was done with the on line feature on a cruise booked directly with Celebrity.  We have never been "notified" but when we signed onto the Celebrity website and went to "already booked" cruises the new reservation was there in two days.  We got our first choice ship and date and were able to change to the cabin number we liked from the one randomly assigned.  Others may not have had the same experience.  The only problem for us the long wait to actually take the cruise.

• Like 1

I called my TA and lift & shifted from a 10 night Caribbean on Reflection in April 2021 to a slightly different itinerary on Millennium in March 2022. It seems like we have to wait FOREVER!

Has anyone been on Millennium post revolution? I'd love to know what people think of the changes that were made. Our cabin is one of the new ones on the Resort deck. (1008). I know it is smaller than other balcony cabins but there was not much left to choose from.

Cheers! Lisa

6 hours ago, diamondintn said:

I called my TA and lift & shifted from a 10 night Caribbean on Reflection in April 2021 to a slightly different itinerary on Millennium in March 2022. It seems like we have to wait FOREVER!

Has anyone been on Millennium post revolution? I'd love to know what people think of the changes that were made. Our cabin is one of the new ones on the Resort deck. (1008). I know it is smaller than other balcony cabins but there was not much left to choose from.

Cheers! Lisa

We were on Millennium in February from Singapore to Singapore, should have terminated at Hong Kong but Covid happened! The ship was fantastic, staff great and it turned out to be one of the best cruises ever. I’m sure you’ll love it, the ship is much nicer than pre refit, it’s fresh, clean and a happy ship.

6 hours ago, diamondintn said:

Cheers! Lisa

We were on Millennium in February from Singapore to Singapore, should have terminated at Hong Kong but Covid happened! The ship was fantastic, staff great and it turned out to be one of the best cruises ever. I’m sure you’ll love it, the ship is much nicer than pre refit, it’s fresh, clean and a happy ship.

8 hours ago, diamondintn said:

Has anyone been on Millennium post revolution? I'd love to know what people think of the changes that were made. Our cabin is one of the new ones on the Resort deck. (1008).

1 hour ago, Rustyman said:

The ship was fantastic, staff great and it turned out to be one of the best cruises ever. I’m sure you’ll love it, the ship is much nicer than pre refit, it’s fresh, clean and a happy ship.

@diamondintn - I've only been on the Summit post-revolution in an Aqua Class (A2) stateroom (9043). Practically a duplicate in design/layout. I've been on several M-Class ships prior to the Revolution Re-fit and I liked the ships as they were just as much as I enjoyed the refresh. I'd be just as happy to sail on Constellation (not updated) as I would be on Summit or Millennium. The only change that I have frowned on is that the Murano styled restaurant on M-Class is gone (changed to Qsine for ships not refreshed, or, Tuscan Grille moved down to Deck 3 and Qsine to Deck 11 for ships that were refreshed). Chances are that you likely won't notice a difference in the size of the stateroom. The overall ship, with the exception of the new rooms, is essentially the same but just looks like a new ship. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by vulcan1971