Brava Grandiosa!

Cruiser Bruiser

2 minutes ago, cruiser man 60 said:

MSC have not arranged any flights and I understood policy was to try and discourage flying hence keeping cruises to European only.

i doubt any European country will allow any Americans south or north into Europe this year nor allow their citizens to fly to those countries.

I understand that.  I am not saying that.  I'm asking which cruise line is chartering flights within europe for their cruise passengers as mentioned by MT.  Not everyone from schengen countries is able to drive to Genoa to board msc.   See Markus post above stating chartered flights are being arranged for september cruises.  

8 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

Sorry, i've Mixed up with TUI Cruises...

They do so on there Greece cruise

That's ok easy to get mixed up as each cruise line restarts and each sets their own policies.   Happy to see cruising has restarted in europe and wish them all success.

Edited by Sunshine3601

On the German site it looks like MSC is testing offering bus transportation from many German cities to the embarkation points.  So far when you search for bus route results you always get "No results found".

1 hour ago, Até said:

On the German site it looks like MSC is testing offering bus transportation from many German cities to the embarkation points.  So far when you search for bus route results you always get "No results found".

MSC has always offered a bus service from Germany to Genoa or Venice (as well as the German ports), in combination with their cruises.   It's not a new thing.

4 minutes ago, 8420PR said:

MSC has always offered a bus service from Germany to Genoa or Venice (as well as the German ports), in combination with their cruises.   It's not a new thing.

Thanks, I don't look at the German site often.  It seems non-functional, I could never find a bus booking from any city.  Perhaps that is due to the current precautions.

19 hours ago, Até said:

US interstate tourist restrictions are weak in regards to any future cruises.

Regarding Covid-19 and attempts to control it, we are not the "United" States of America.  We are the Confederation of States of America.  

From the CC article 

The 6,200-passenger ship which will embark and disembark around 2,500 passengers over the course of the week"

Did MSC limit passengers to this amount or is this the number of people who wished to cruise . I'm not trying to make an editorial comment but that's only a shade over 40% . 

47 minutes ago, richstowe said:

From the CC article 

The 6,200-passenger ship which will embark and disembark around 2,500 passengers over the course of the week"

Did MSC limit passengers to this amount or is this the number of people who wished to cruise . I'm not trying to make an editorial comment but that's only a shade over 40% . 

That's a great question. MSC stated that they would restrict capacity to 70%, and that would be one of my expectations before I would feel safe boarding Meraviglia. I'm guessing that they are finding it easy to sail below capacity at present due to folks having very rational concerns about the safety of cruising. Should MSC continue to sail week after week with zero cases of COVID-19, or very few managed cases, my expectation would be that demand would increase to the point that MSC would have to enforce their reduced capacity limits.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

And the best thing, i'm on my way to the first cruise this year.....😬😛😛😛😬 

One week eastern sea, PS on Mein Schiff

Fabulous!  Have enough fun for all of us!

Looks like others had a nice time on mein schiff earlier this month.  Enjoy!

10 hours ago, richstowe said:

From the CC article 

The first sailings were announced just a couple of weeks in advance, and from what I saw were priced at typical August rates (starting from around €800 per person).  I guess the potential number of customers that can arrange a holiday at such short notice limited the number of passengers.

As we move into shoulder season for Med cruises, the prices drop and hopefully MSC can reach the 70% of capacity limit.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 5:17 PM, Cruiser Bruiser said:

The link, above, does work. I already submitted my comments essentially stating that I would be comfortable sailing on MSC from Miami provided that MSC was operating with protocols in place that are identical to those aboard MSC Grandiosa. I also expressed the hope that I can do so on November 21.

Hi

Here in Miami we have cases but is not bad tomorrow all the restaurants are going to open with 50% capacity. We must wear mask everywhere we go and is working along with social distance. I been traveling since march between Miami and Southwest Florida no problem.

I cancel my October cruise. I'm ready to go on November. 

lots of people here are waiting to go back to work at the Port of Miami.

Edited by Isasprings
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 3:17 PM, MarkusToe said:

And the best thing, i'm on my way to the first cruise this year.....😬😛😛😛😬 

One week eastern sea, PS on Mein Schiff

10 hours ago, Isasprings said:

Does My Schiff have the same procedures on board than MSC for COVID-19 ?

Edited by travelberlin

Which procedure do you Think about. 

We were feber tester every morning, you should were monthmask in the buffet when you Go around and Search what you Want to eat and drink and if you not Can keep the distance 1;5 m. You have to reserve place if you Want to join the activitets and Go to the theater. I am on Mein Schiff 1 again the 11.th on september from Kiel.

On 8/31/2020 at 12:47 PM, travelberlin said:

Does My Schiff have the same procedures on board than MSC for COVID-19 ?

Even better following the discussion about shields...they are not allowed here....every person in service use a face mask, period.....

Guest use masks inside except if you are sitting somewhere.

Buffet is no self-service, drinks at the buffet are not self-service.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 4:49 PM, Preziosa said:

Which procedure do you Think about. 

We were feber tester every morning, you should were monthmask in the buffet when you Go around and Search what you Want to eat and drink and if you not Can keep the distance 1;5 m. You have to reserve place if you Want to join the activitets and Go to the theater. I am on Mein Schiff 1 again the 11.th on september from Kiel.

We are on the 1 actually....it's famous...

On 8/25/2020 at 6:22 PM, Cruiser Bruiser said:

What's your basis for this statement? CDC has implemented the color-coded "ready" system that at present only means the cruise industry has met certain CDC-established criteria relating to crew. MSC is "green" on all US-based ships. Now CDC is seeking comment from the public on a return to cruising. If MSC demonstrates that it can sail consistently with ~3,000 passengers per week with no COVID-19 outbreaks, there is no obvious reason to prohibit MSC from attempting to sail. I have no idea where CDC is with its process; suspicions are that CDC has an anti-cruise industry bias. That said, signs indicate that CDC is moving toward a return to cruising at some future date. Speedy advances in rapid testing, and MSC's success with its first cruise, suggest that a return to sailing may occur sooner than might have been considered possible before last Sunday.

Well said! And thanks for the link to the comments for CDC, I'm heading over there right after I post this reply.