Service charge on drinks packadge

fizzy1

16 hours ago, drsel said:

For Celebrity, all drink packages include service charges.

the waiters are extremely keen to serve you because every time you slash your card, they will earn service charges from Celebrity

Not like NCL that charges a ridiculous amount on the drinks package.

The only time you will pay extra is if you choose a drink which is above the package limit. In that case you will be charged the extra over and above the $9 limit for Classic. So choose a drink costing $12 and you will pay $3 + 20% tip (only on the $3). If you have the Premium package the limit is $15. 

16 hours ago, drsel said:

For Celebrity, all drink packages include service charges.

the waiters are extremely keen to serve you because every time you slash your card, they will earn service charges from Celebrity

Really?  Is this something new?  I thought they just split the tips from the packages amongst themselves.    I usually hang at the Sunset Bar, and once the regular bartenders know you, they hardly ever ask for my card, even when I offer it.  🍷

Edited by Wine-O

Really?  Is this something new?  I thought they just split the tips from the packages amongst themselves.    I usually hang at the Sunset Bar, and once the regular bartenders know you, they hardly ever ask for my card, even when I offer it.  [emoji485]

This is what one of the bartenders told me.

It would explain why they are so over eager to serve us every time.

I barely finish half my drink and they are back for the next order. Quite incredible!

Sometimes we order 2 more cocktails, just because they have come all the way to our table.

But then all the service in Celebrity, (both waiters and bartenders) is the best I've seen across all Cruises.