Another FCC Question

Wine-O

If you use an FCC to put a deposit on an April 2022 cruise that has a fully refundable deposit, and you cancel, do you lose that FCC altogether.  Just wondering as I don't want to shell out another $900 cash for a deposit on a cruise that is over a year and 1/2 away, even though it is fully refundable. 

My other option is to put the FCC toward a Jan 2021 cruise that may be cancelled.  If Royal cancels, I suppose I get another FCC for the one I used?   🍷

33 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

If you use an FCC to put a deposit on an April 2022 cruise that has a fully refundable deposit, and you cancel, do you lose that FCC altogether.  Just wondering as I don't want to shell out another $900 cash for a deposit on a cruise that is over a year and 1/2 away, even though it is fully refundable. 

My other option is to put the FCC toward a Jan 2021 cruise that may be cancelled.  If Royal cancels, I suppose I get another FCC for the one I used?   🍷

The FCC would be reissued with an expiry date of 12 months from the date you cancel.

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The FCC would be reissued with an expiry date of 12 months from the date you cancel.

Was your response for the first scenario or the second scenario, or both?  🍷

6 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Was your response for the first scenario or the second scenario, or both?  🍷

Both. Either the date the fcc expires or 12 months, whichever is further out.

If you put it toward the jan 2021 it will be reissued and combined with any new cash you put toward that cruise. Only new cash is at 125%, rest of fcc will be at 100% of original fcc. Of course the 125% is only if rcl cancels, not if you cancel. You said it might get cancelled.

Edited by firefly333

Thank you both.  I'm going to go ahead and put the FCC toward the April 2022 cruise.  I'm thinking the Jan 2021 cruise will probably be cancelled, so I don't want to throw any more money at it.   I will just L&S it for Jan 2022.  🍷