Royal Caribbean - Gratuities included?

19 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Most home brand stuff is made by known makers, sometimes to a lower standard sometimes just a different label

A bit off topic, well from wines anyway, which was off-topic from the original topic …….. 🙂

Years ago a mate worked in QC for a large paint manufacturer, so I asked him if I could get some paint thru him, hoping to save a few bucks. He told me it would be cheaper to buy the paint from Target. I said no I don't want the cheap, watered-down stuff, I want the good quality paint. He assured me that the 'top-shelf' manufactured labelled stuff and the 'home-brand stuff' all came from the same vat - it was his job to test it!

22 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

That difference could just as easily be attributed to slight fluctuations in the exchange rate used and prices set for different target markets.

I think you're right.  In working out pricing scenarios for Feb. 2020, Sept 2020 and a tentative rate of .81 for Jan. 2021, when the AUD becomes closer in parity with the USD, the difference is much smaller and evens out between all categories.  

1910670989_ScreenShot2020-09-02at7_32_34PM.thumb.png.6969f38939f3278db8a63003986e8ecb.png

4 hours ago, mr walker said:

A bit off topic, well from wines anyway, which was off-topic from the original topic …….. 🙂

Years ago a mate worked in QC for a large paint manufacturer, so I asked him if I could get some paint thru him, hoping to save a few bucks. He told me it would be cheaper to buy the paint from Target. I said no I don't want the cheap, watered-down stuff, I want the good quality paint. He assured me that the 'top-shelf' manufactured labelled stuff and the 'home-brand stuff' all came from the same vat - it was his job to test it!

Like the Cheese saga, Bega Cheese make their own brand also make it for Aldi Brand, same factory, same cheese, different packaging but about 20% cheaper.cheese.jpg.98a97bf55c5e3207f04b50441fd2a0ca.jpg

Edited by NSWP