Ruby C752 and C753

Sea Hag

Looking at the Ruby deckplans, there's a white space area next to both these cabins, on the outside of the ship. Does anybody know what this is? It travels across more than one deck, and we were wondering if it might be a crew stair well. Wondering about noise. 

It's an outer stair for crew. I would take these cabins in a heartbeat. Absolutely love the location. They took us through a door and down the metal stairs for a muster thing. Totally quiet area. You have the same steward that does those suites and nobody but you and the suite passengers use the hallway down there. There is some motion and some "wake noise" but neither bothered us at all. I told my wife, "You used to have to put quarters in the machine to get the bed to vibrate like this".  I think C752 (different ship but same cabin) was my wife's favorite so far.

Note: This location may not be for everyone. We sailed Emerald Princess with a large CC group and one of the couples had this cabin. She said she hated the motion and the noise of the wake. Said she would never sail in such a location again and was very disappointed after all the good things she had heard about this location. I stand by my earlier comment that we would love to book there again.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It's an outer stair for crew. I would take these cabins in a heartbeat. Absolutely love the location. They took us through a door and down the metal stairs for a muster thing. Totally quiet area. You have the same steward that does those suites and nobody but you and the suite passengers use the hallway down there.

Good to hear! Thanks for the info. 😀

Looking at the Ruby deckplans, there's a white space area next to both these cabins, on the outside of the ship. Does anybody know what this is? It travels across more than one deck, and we were wondering if it might be a crew stair well. Wondering about noise. 

We were in one of those cabins and there are vents from the galleys back there. Not terrible odors all the time but very noticeable

Sent from my iPad using Forums

30 minutes ago, sailaway2joy said:

We were in one of those cabins and there are vents from the galleys back there. Not terrible odors all the time but very noticeable

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think I'm going to take my chances, even though it might turn out to be a "bacon cabin." The "bacon cabin" is one we had on some ship or another many years back. Aft cabin. At some hideous hour of the morning, they started cooking bacon down below. Bacon smell permeated our cabin. It woke me up once, and then I never noticed it again. Hubby was awake way too early and wanting bacon every morning of the cruise. Hope this doesn't happen again, since I'm going to lose a lot of credibility if it does.

We sailed in B749 on the Emerald which is above C753 on the Grand Med itinerary.  The cabin itself is the same size as a typical balcony cabin.  Due to the placement of the cabin, it is situated at a 90° angle to cabins along the sides of the ship.

I know aft facing cabins are considered primo by many cruisers. For us, however, there was a major reason we just didn't enjoy that location:

We did not like the placement of the bed in the cabin. It was placed so that rocking of the boat from side-to-side, actually rocked the bed from head-to-toe. It took us quite a few nights to become accustomed to this.

Again, I know a lot of cruisers love this location. It's just not for us
  • Like 1

I took the plunge and asked our pvp to move us to C752 from where we were. We had a midship Club Class. Love Club Class. Not so much love midship. Funny thing is, while I was doing this looking and decided, the other shoe never dropped for me that we're booked in C750 for a cruise late 2021. Figured that out this morning. Silly me.

5 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I took the plunge and asked our pvp to move us to C752 from where we were. We had a midship Club Class. Love Club Class. Not so much love midship. Funny thing is, while I was doing this looking and decided, the other shoe never dropped for me that we're booked in C750 for a cruise late 2021. Figured that out this morning. Silly me.

Not silly! there is a big difference!

See if you can move down a deck for your 2021 cruise to S6 D736/D737 - we don't care much for the balcony of S6 Vista suites C750/C751 - 2 beams and narrower.

12 hours ago, Ferd Berfle said:

Not silly! there is a big difference!

See if you can move down a deck for your 2021 cruise to S6 D736/D737 - we don't care much for the balcony of S6 Vista suites C750/C751 - 2 beams and narrower.

Yes, I know there's a big difference between C752 and C750. It was just the fact that I was moving into a cabin right next to the one that I'd booked for another upcoming cruise that surprised. 😀

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Yes, I know there's a big difference between C752 and C750. It was just the fact that I was moving into a cabin right next to the one that I'd booked for another upcoming cruise that surprised. 😀

That's a nice surprise then!

• Like 1