MAJESTY OF THE SEAS WATCH

The last few days there has been a discussion about the Majesty sailing from England to Greece to join the Empress off of a Greek island.  Majesty is now north of Empress and is still sailing East.  Since Majesty’s two sister ships are currently being dismantled in Turkey, it is time for a Majesty watch.  

Her AIS has had her destination as Heraclio since she set sail much like Empress did when she first headed to Greece.  She'll make a quick stop there in port then head over to Souda to join Empress at anchor.  I'm guessing they are removing some crew such as a full 24 x 7 bridge crew and reducing staffing levels to minimums.

At anchor they'll be sharing some deck and engine crew like electricians and such who will work both ships while they are in this form of a lay up.  

Feel free to host a watch party, just don't expect a lot of action.  They're basically like hibernating bears in this state who need to run out to the pasture to relieve themselves once in a while.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m afraid Majesty, homeported in my town, New Orleans, will not be returning and my B2B February 2021, Mardi Gras Sail will go the way of the dinosaurs......MayBe Enchantment who will not replaceing The Lady G in Baltimore, will come to the Big Easy......but I doubt it.

Hope springs eternal, stay safe everybody.

Phil

4 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

I’m afraid Majesty, homeported in my town, New Orleans, will not be returning and my B2B February 2021, Mardi Gras Sail will go the way of the dinosaurs......MayBe Enchantment who will not replaceing The Lady G in Baltimore, will come to the Big Easy......but I doubt it.

Hope springs eternal, stay safe everybody.

Phil

I was on a B2B on the Majesty in March when cruising came to a halt and I had to fly home a week early from New Orleans.  I also hope Royal resumes cruising out of New Orleans.  In the past few years, I have sailed out of New Orleans on the Majesty, Vision, Serenade and Voyager. 

• Like 1