Did Anyone See NCL's August Update???

ipeeinthepool

On 9/7/2020 at 7:50 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

One can drawn whatever conclusions one chooses (its called an opinion), we all know what those are worth. Based on data listed on many reputable sites, bringing a ship out of this co called cold storage takes about 2-3 weeks.

Yes, I'd imagine that there are a number of websites which provide data about typical or historical activation timelines. There is a wealth of information out there, and I learn more every time I read something. However, I am not aware of any websites which provide real-time data about this month's corporate planning timelines in this specific public health situation (though there could be additional information leaked somewhere). Please do let me know if there are additional sources.

I also agree with what you said about opinions (and there are some hilarious ones in this forum)! I'm sorry if the confirmations I posted above came across as my opinion; I wasn't actually trying to provide my opinion; I was trying to confirm information which had been leaked elsewhere previously.

Two days ago, I had a conversation with a friend who is a Staff Captain aboard a ship which is in layup right now. He estimates a minimum of eight weeks to get up and running from warm layup (I did not ask him about a timeline from "cool" or cold layup).

The reasons given were all those one would expect: testing, certification and/or inspection of systems which have not been in use or for which certification has expired; necessary and/or cosmetic maintenance beyond what the company has been covering during layup; delayed maintenance and/or inspections; inventory of supplies and equipment on board (things have a tendency to disappear when few people are watching); ordering and delivery of what is needed to replace what is missing; and, most importantly, finding, hiring, and moving crew. In particular, the issue of crew seemed to give him the most concern.

On 9/8/2020 at 1:07 AM, beerman2 said:

Seems you have first hand knowledge on getting ships ready and will be interesting when you can elaborate. Chengkp75 has already stated many times 4-6 weeks to get ships staffed and sea worthy.

Yes, @chengkp75 has clearly been around for at least as long as I have, and though I don't know if I have met him personally, I respect what he says! I'm sure whatever he posted is correct. He may have insight into data from different companies than I have, and those companies may be keeping things at a different level of readiness and may therefore have different timelines.

This is exactly why I cancelled my December 12, 2020 Encore sailing last Thursday.......

Quote” The reasons given were all those one would expect: testing, certification and/or inspection of systems which have not been in use or for which certification has expired; necessary and/or cosmetic maintenance beyond what the company has been covering during layup; delayed maintenance and/or inspections; inventory of supplies and equipment on board (things have a tendency to disappear when few people are watching); ordering and delivery of what is needed to replace what is missing; and, most importantly, finding, hiring, and moving crew. In particular, the issue of crew seemed to give him the most concern.“

You also do not hear any chatter of the new NCL terminal opening, folks at the docks getting called back to work, etc..... 

i was really hoping they would sail, but I really don’t see it happening. I even cancelled our backup trip to our Miami Beach hotel because of the limited availability of room service in the room.  I know, that is not a big deal to most, but as a single mom, the luxury of room service and someone taking care of me for a week is the best part of the vacation. 😊

Edited by Noworkforme23
  • Like 3