Did Anyone See NCL's August Update???

ipeeinthepool

Although I have booked and they have cancelled a few cruises out of my home port of Port Canaveral since March - and they continue to sell cruises from that port in December onward - Port Canaveral mentioned they do not expect and are not budgeting NCL to return to that port until the end of March

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

My 1st November cruise is "On hold but time is running out", so I'm just waiting for the cancellation email now

I got the same message today but my NCL cruise consultant says my Nov 14 cruise is a go......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, brad0576 said:

Although I have booked and they have cancelled a few cruises out of my home port of Port Canaveral since March - and they continue to sell cruises from that port in December onward - Port Canaveral mentioned they do not expect and are not budgeting NCL to return to that port until the end of March

Just to be clear, like most businesses, they budgeted for the worst, and if stuff comes back early they will make more and can expand the budget.  I remember seeing the quotes and they even said in the report that if things came back early they would adjust, so basically it means nothing (other then this is the worst case in their eyes)

3 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

I got the same message today but my NCL cruise consultant says my Nov 14 cruise is a go......

If your CC told you it was going to be cancelled ahead of the public announcement, they would most likely be fired.  They only tell you what the company allows them to tell you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

If your CC told you it was going to be cancelled ahead of the public announcement, they would most likely be fired.  They only tell you what the company allows them to tell you.

They likely aren’t even told until just before it’s announced. Maybe not even before. 

• Like 1

I just cancelled my 12/12/20 Encore cruise.. With November being greyed out now.... I am calling it.  My $100 deposit should be here within 90 days I was told on the phone.. Thank goodness I did not pay this trip off. Glad I still have my money.. but sad that all these people don't have jobs, hotels losing business, people at ports not working.. Very sad on that end for me... Yes, not cruising is sad, but it goes beyond that for me.. It is heart breaking. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

My 1st November cruise is "On hold but time is running out", so I'm just waiting for the cancellation email now

And now the "on hold" message has gone again.  I do wish they would just decide to cancel and let us know or confirm that it is sailing, one or the other. 

We know that even if they do start in November it won't be all ships FDR said that months ago so surely they already know which ones may sail and which ones definitely won't.  It's the not knowing that drives us up the wall. 

• Like 1

Here it is:

Valued Travel Partners,

The voluntary suspension of global cruise voyages across our three brands currently includes all voyages through October 31, 2020. We committed to sharing additional known suspensions at the end of each month and in August there were no further voyage suspensions to announce. We continue to evaluate the situation and will provide updates as available.

Our first priority remains the safety, security and well-being of our guests, team members and all those in the communities we visit. We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19.

We remain optimistic and hope to relaunch cruise operations in the near future. Given the fluid and evolving nature of the circumstances, we are making decisions as quickly and thoughtfully as possible and, as always, we are keeping our guests’ and travel partners’ best interests at heart.

27 minutes ago, brad0576 said:

Official word after 6:30 tonight - so probably announcement tomorrow that November is cancelled (just off the phone with my PCC and this is what he said)

If this is true why the letter to travel partners yesterday?  Why not stay quiet until the bad news.  It makes no sense to flip flop like that in 24 hours.  If they knew, I am sure they would have never sent out that letter, and if they are cancelling tonight, they knew.

Edited by oteixeira
  • Like 1

Just now, brad0576 said:

Perhaps globally they are not suspending cruises, just domestic cruises.....

If you read the letter sent out yesterday it says they have "no new" cancellations to announce.  Why send that out and then cancel an entire month 24 hours later?  It makes no business sense.

Well - My PCC said I could not make final payment on my 11/9 cruise and they could not book additional cruises until they got word later tonight if November was moving forward or not.....and that it likely was not due to the CDC......  They fact that NCL does not want my money on day 60 is rather odd if the cruise is actually moving forward.

2 minutes ago, brad0576 said:

Well - My PCC said I could not make final payment on my 11/9 cruise and they could not book additional cruises until they got word later tonight if November was moving forward or not.....and that it likely was not due to the CDC......  They fact that NCL does not want my money on day 60 is rather odd if the cruise is actually moving forward.

I find that very odd considering I can book a cruise right now on the website for November (just clicked through all the way and bailed before paying) but a PCC can't...Maybe they are miss-informed, that happens sometimes.

5 minutes ago, brad0576 said:

maybe....hopefully....I have used him for 5 years so that would be odd....and this would be my 4th cancellation going back to March ..... so I hope he is wrong....

Me too, Me too...as I said, it would be a horrible business decision to send out a letter saying no cancellations and then flip flop 24 hours later.  If they do that, they are not nearly as good at managing then I thought.

18 minutes ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

I’m not saying I believe this guy because there’s no credible source named, but it’s food for thought. 

No credible source, and incorrect about NCL being cash poor.  But, crazier things could happen.