Help - can't find FCC policy

adstz

We have FCC that we want to use October 2021. Where on the AQSC website can I find their policy for using FCC?

I believe it can only be used for cruise fare but I want to see it in writing. I know I have to pay port charges myself but was hoping we could use any extra for excursions.

Thanks for the help.

Last week our October 2020 cruise was canceled and we chose to rebook for 2021.  The agent advised us that the unused FCC could be used for excursions; I do not have that in writing, just verbal.  

I thought I saw what you are looking for on the alerts screen:

The future cruise certificate will include voyage fare, hotel packages, city stay packages and insurance.

But then I noticed that it also says "- This policy is in effect until 12/31/2020."

Notice no mention of excursions.

It is part of the email we received stating the amount, date, etc. of the FCC.

Excursions are normally charged to your onboard account at the time you take them, not part of the cruise fare.

Also, port fees are refunded separately .

• Like 1

Below is the text of the "Terms and  Conditions" for FCC contained in the email I received informing me of my FCC for a AQSC cancelled cruise:

Terms and Conditions

·         Future Cruise Credit is calculated at 125% of the original voyage fare paid, plus 100% of any purchased hotel nights or City Stay packages.

·         Valid on any 2020 -2022 cruise date.

·         Valid for use on any American Queen Steamboat Company (AQSC) or Victory Cruise Lines (VCL) vessel.

·         Valid for original traveler only.

·         Future Cruise Credit can be combined with any public promotion at time of booking.

·         Reservation requires port fees to be paid at time of booking.

·         Future Cruise Credit is applicable toward voyage fare, city stay packages, Unlimited Beverage Package (AQSC only) and onboard credit.

·         Onboard credit can be used toward shore excursions purchased on board, spa services (where available), bar purchases and gift shop purchases.

·         Any remaining balance after application of the Future Cruise Credit is due at time of final payment.

·         Reservation must be booked by original travel agency.

·         Future Cruise Credit may be returned at any time for a refund of original payment amount.

·         After credit redemption, there is no cash value on any remaining credit that is not used.

·         Future Cruise Credit is redeemable toward one future reservation.

·         Once reservation is made utilizing the Future Cruise Credit, reservation would be subject to standard applicable fees if modified (refer to Cancellation and Change Policy).

·         If reservation utilizing the Future Cruise Credit is cancelled prior to sailing, the credit is forfeited.

·         Credit must be redeemed by expiration date.

Points  7 and 8 together would suggest that excursions booked on board would be charged as "onboard credit" and thus be eligible for use with FCC.  Personally, I would want something in writing, either for TA or AQSC to be safe. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diplomats said:

Below is the text of the "Terms and  Conditions" for FCC contained in the email I received informing me of my FCC for a AQSC cancelled cruise:

Terms and Conditions

·         Future Cruise Credit is calculated at 125% of the original voyage fare paid, plus 100% of any purchased hotel nights or City Stay packages.

·         Valid on any 2020 -2022 cruise date.

·         Valid for use on any American Queen Steamboat Company (AQSC) or Victory Cruise Lines (VCL) vessel.

·         Valid for original traveler only.

·         Future Cruise Credit can be combined with any public promotion at time of booking.

·         Reservation requires port fees to be paid at time of booking.

·         Future Cruise Credit is applicable toward voyage fare, city stay packages, Unlimited Beverage Package (AQSC only) and onboard credit.

·         Onboard credit can be used toward shore excursions purchased on board, spa services (where available), bar purchases and gift shop purchases.

·         Any remaining balance after application of the Future Cruise Credit is due at time of final payment.

·         Reservation must be booked by original travel agency.

·         Future Cruise Credit may be returned at any time for a refund of original payment amount.

·         After credit redemption, there is no cash value on any remaining credit that is not used.

·         Future Cruise Credit is redeemable toward one future reservation.

·         Once reservation is made utilizing the Future Cruise Credit, reservation would be subject to standard applicable fees if modified (refer to Cancellation and Change Policy).

·         If reservation utilizing the Future Cruise Credit is cancelled prior to sailing, the credit is forfeited.

·         Credit must be redeemed by expiration date.

Points  7 and 8 together would suggest that excursions booked on board would be charged as "onboard credit" and thus be eligible for use with FCC.  Personally, I would want something in writing, either for TA or AQSC to be safe. 

If you bring a copy of this email then you DO have something in writing from AQSC. 😁