Lavazza Coffee Machines?

FranknBeans

1 hour ago, FranknBeans said:

Did NCL take them out of all the suites and replace with the n espresso bubble gum machines? We were on the the Star to Alaska and had 2 penthouse 's and neither had the  machines. Big disappointment as we are espresso and latte coffee snobs.

Yes. They replaced all of the [expensive] Lavazza machines with $50 Nespresso machines. 

1 hour ago, chill6x6 said:

We stayed in an H7 aboard Getaway November 2019. We had a Nespresso "Original" unit in our cabin. Certainly not a $50 machine. I enjoyed it so much I got a Nespresso "Vertuo" machine for Christmas!

3nqvatKvQWeOEIeUUandIyNQ1.jpg

It would appear that Bird has an endorsement deal with Nespresso and is able to purchase his machine at a reduced cost.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have a Nespresso at home.  The Creatista which is a Breville collaboration.  It has a built in frother.  It is a wonderful machine with latte, espresso, Lungo settings, etc.  hardly $50.  More like 10 times that.  

when we travelled in the Owners Suite on Epic we Did our research and knew we had the wonderful Nespresso machine but no frother, so my sister brought her free standing frother with her.  The wonderful Maxie, our butler, kept us stocked on half-and-half. 

Keurig... well yuck.  Who wants to drink coffee that has been heated in plastic???   Not me.   There is nothing upscale about Keurig.  It is a mainstream run-of-the mill coffee maker.  Just a tick above Mr. Coffee.  It does not belong in a suite.  

Edited by DMH15
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, coin ops said:

This is Nespresso model that was in Aft Suite our last trip in 2018 on the Pearl.

Screenshot_20200912-211212_Samsung Internet.jpg

Would not pay retail for any item.

Quick internet search says the exact model sells for less than 1/2 that price. 

And NCL is is paying 1/2 that in bulk with recurring purchase of pods. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Would not pay retail for any item.

Quick internet search says the exact model sells for less than 1/2 that price. 

And NCL is is paying 1/2 that in bulk with recurring purchase of pods. 

I would not be surprised if NCL even gets the machine for free with a commitment to purchase some amount of coffee over the life of a multi-year contract.

In Canada, they have had a number of "free machine" offers where you subscribe to capsules.  Typically targeting small business. 

https://www.nespresso.com/pro/ca/en/vertuo-at-work