More good vibes

jimbo5544

9 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Sounds like you may be a “glass half full” guy. 

We love to cruise, there is certainly enough negativity around without me chipping in.  I will continue to look for chicken salad instead of chicken dudu.  Just me

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Smart doing "shorter, modified cruises" to start.  Will be interesting to see what port city/cities ships will sail from, as many of the embarkation states have high infection rates right now.   Would love it if cruises started from NY first, as we have gotten our infection rate below 1% for quite a while.  (betting Cuomo would never allow that to happen)

Jimbo, I like your "More good vibes"   posts.  I'm being optimistic for sooner than later cruises to begin here in the USA.  It's a breath of fresh air and positive so far on the few MSC cruises that have sailed in the past few weeks.  Just to read a new review for a recent sailing is awesome.   Have a great day!

• Like 3

If it's sailing out of NYC in November, it's not going to be a 

On 9/13/2020 at 7:52 AM, pe4all said:

Smart doing "shorter, modified cruises" to start.  Will be interesting to see what port city/cities ships will sail from, as many of the embarkation states have high infection rates right now.   Would love it if cruises started from NY first, as we have gotten our infection rate below 1% for quite a while.  (betting Cuomo would never allow that to happen)

If it's sailing out of NYC in November, it's not going to be a shorter, modified cruise.

My question is even if the CDC does lift the ban, how may departure ports will be open and how many of the islands will be taking cruise ships?  Just because the CDC ban is lifted doesn't mean that the ships can sail. There are other things to consider.

23 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

My question is even if the CDC does lift the ban, how may departure ports will be open and how many of the islands will be taking cruise ships?  Just because the CDC ban is lifted doesn't mean that the ships can sail. There are other things to consider.

There will be some departure porsts that won't be able to open but a few like Miami, Cape Canaveral and possibly Galveston will be able to open.  The same with the ports some will and have opened to tourists and others won't.  This means there will be more cancelations and itinerary changes when cruise lines return to service.