Cheque from Carnival

Pie Eater

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Maybe it's time to get your solicitor involved Tom. I think I would now 'those type of emails' are beginning to arrive

Avril

I have contacted Cunard by PM on Facebook and told them that if the cheque is not cashed within 14 days I will cancel it and seek legal advice and as expected been ignored and had no response. Today I have e-mailed the Guest Relations Executive who sent me the e-mail saying my cheque had been received on 18th September and was very apologetic when she phoned me direct will now wait to see what response I get. I will await to see if I get a reply.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I have contacted Cunard by PM on Facebook and told them that if the cheque is not cashed within 14 days I will cancel it and seek legal advice and as expected been ignored and had no response. Today I have e-mailed the Guest Relations Executive who sent me the e-mail saying my cheque had been received on 18th September and was very apologetic when she phoned me direct will now wait to see what response I get. I will await to see if I get a reply.

I'm sorry to read of your problems, which must be immensely frustrating. 

Although of course different to the double refund being returned, Carnival UK ought to recognise the excessive stress and inconvenience that they have caused you arising from their poor service - making an appropriate offer of compensation.

Hi all

Posted a comment  about receiving a surprise cheque from Carnival for £13.50

E-mailed P&O and received a reply.  It seems that when we first made the booking (via Thomas Cook at the time)

The amount we paid as the deposit was slightly over the 15% required and they have returned the difference the 

balance still being held as FCC.  Having gone through the paperwork and finding a calculator they are in fact correct!!

Every cloud has a silver lining as they say.

Stay well everyone - we will be back on the ocean at some point in the future 🤞🌴🛳️

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Pie Eater said:

Hi all

Posted a comment  about receiving a surprise cheque from Carnival for £13.50

E-mailed P&O and received a reply.  It seems that when we first made the booking (via Thomas Cook at the time)

The amount we paid as the deposit was slightly over the 15% required and they have returned the difference the 

balance still being held as FCC.  Having gone through the paperwork and finding a calculator they are in fact correct!!

Every cloud has a silver lining as they say.

Stay well everyone - we will be back on the ocean at some point in the future 🤞🌴🛳️

Good news even if it is only a small amount.

• Like 1