Oceania Ultimate Sale

mrlevin

Didn't FdR recently state that he did not believe in "price to fill;" rather he believed in "market to fill?"  So, what is going on with the Oceania Ultimate Sale plastered all over this boards?  Is he going after quick cash?  Or, is he preparing for the departure of the "R" ships?

Marc

44 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Didn't FdR recently state that he did not believe in "price to fill;" rather he believed in "market to fill?"  So, what is going on with the Oceania Ultimate Sale plastered all over this boards?  Is he going after quick cash?  Or, is he preparing for the departure of the "R" ships?

Marc

I'm going to guess that you don't regularly cruise with Oceania. 

The "ultimate sale" is hardly "ultimate." Rather, it is the regular holiday period sale O does throughout the year - perhaps extended a bit longer.

As for "price to fill," remember that what FDR may say about NCL may have little to do with NCLH's Oceania or Regent lines. Nonetheless, this version of the O Ultimate (the current catchphrase) Sale regards about 60 (?) cruises. Make of that what you want.

As for "getting rid of" the R ships: The $100 million Oceania NEXT total interior renovation of all four R ships demonstrates that these proven niche-serving ships ain't going anywhere.

• Like 3

As for "getting rid of" the R ships: The $100 million Oceania NEXT total interior renovation of all four R ships demonstrates that these proven niche-serving ships ain't going anywhere.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think only 3 of the R ships have had their NEXT renovation, Nautica is still waiting for hers and I am hoping that this will be done before we sail on her.

Rosalyn

26 minutes ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

As for "getting rid of" the R ships: The $100 million Oceania NEXT total interior renovation of all four R ships demonstrates that these proven niche-serving ships ain't going anywhere.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think only 3 of the R ships have had their NEXT renovation, Nautica is still waiting for hers and I am hoping that this will be done before we sail on her.

Rosalyn

Nautica was supposed to get its NEXT makeover earlier this summer (last of the four R ships). Because of Covid-19, It has been rescheduled to summer 2021.

On 9/17/2020 at 1:46 AM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Nautica was supposed to get its NEXT makeover earlier this summer (last of the four R ships). Because of Covid-19, It has been rescheduled to summer 2021.

Flatbush Flyer, this had nothing to do with the topic but....did you ever live in the Flatbush section of Brooklyn????

20 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Flatbush Flyer, this had nothing to do with the topic but....did you ever live in the Flatbush section of Brooklyn????

U bethcha!

Ave H and E. 32nd street. Midwood HS and Brooklyn College (undergrad). St Vincent Ferrer grammar school. Also spent much time with grandma on Sackett and Henry (down the block from Camarerie Bros Bakery - the bakery in Moonstruck).

Howyadoin'?

5 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

U bethcha!

Ave H and E. 32nd street. Midwood HS and Brooklyn College (undergrad). St Vincent Ferrer grammar school. Also spent much time with grandma on Sackett and Henry (down the block from Camarerie Bros Bakery - the bakery in Moonstruck).

Howyadoin'?

Doin great!!  Bensonhurst!  St. Bernedette grammar school, Fontbonne Hall and Brooklyn College. During H.S. worked at the Camarerie Bakery on 86th Street between 15th Ave and Bay 8th Street.   

I'll tell you another CC story. About 6 years ago, we were booked on a 13 night Celebrity European cruise and through the Roll Call and joining tours, started emailing back and forth with someone who was organizing tours. She also lived in CA but told me she grew up in Brooklyn. Through our chats, although she was 8 years younger, not only did we discover we also went to the same grammar but, when we told each other our maiden names my response to her was.....you're brother was my first crush. She emailed back the next day saying Paul remembers yes.  As a result, not only did we tour together, the four of us ate dinner together every evening. When we told others how we met, many thought we were making the story up. Six years later, we are still in contact!!      

• Like 4