QE Cabin 4046

Hilux5972

4 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Anyone had any experience of this cabin? I’ve just booked my first cruise, Feb 2022 for a 2 nighter Melbourne to Adelaide. 

Welcome to Cunard.    In no doubt this will be the first of many.

Think it will be a total long shot to find a CC member who had this Stateroom.

All one can say looking at the ship plan, is it's a Cunard Stateroom in a nice position.

What else would one require for one's a first Cunard Cruise experience.

Enjoy

47 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Welcome to Cunard.    In no doubt this will be the first of many.

Think it will be a total long shot to find a CC member who had this Stateroom.

All one can say looking at the ship plan, is it's a Cunard Stateroom in a nice position.

What else would one require for one's a first Cunard Cruise experience.

Enjoy

PS

if you like the product, while onboard, do purchase some FCDs.  No brainer

Hi, 

My stateroom was 4047 during a Mediterranean cruise on the very similar Queen Victoria in September 2018. This was a nice stateroom in an excellent location. The balcony is spacious and the forward stairs and elevators are very close. It is very convenient to take the stairs to the public rooms on Decks 2 and 3. 

The Queen Elizabeth is a wonderful ship. I was supposed to sail on it again in June 2020, but of course my cruise was cancelled.

Chuck

On 9/17/2020 at 10:53 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

PS

if you like the product, while onboard, do purchase some FCDs.  No brainer

I see this recommneded a lot and I don't get it. Assuming (and its a huge assumption) - that these are even a thing in the future - from what I understand is you can only use these towards full priced fares and not towards discounted fares?  For example I like the look of this cruise in 2022 https://www.cunard.com/en-au/find-a-cruise/Q214/Q214.cabin - but the campaign fare is not eligible for a deposit to be paid via a FCD  As per 

Edited by lissie

2 hours ago, lissie said:

I see this recommneded a lot and I don't get it. Assuming (and its a huge assumption) - that these are even a thing in the future - from what I understand is you can only use these towards full priced fares and not towards discounted fares?  For example I like the look of this cruise in 2022 https://www.cunard.com/en-au/find-a-cruise/Q214/Q214.cabin - but the campaign fare is not eligible for a deposit to be paid via a FCD  As per 

Different issue, but did you notice that the 5% deposit for those sale fares is non-refundable? That's putting me off booking anything on them. I agree though that a cruise around Japan would be great in fact I was supposed to be on a Cunard one this month! One for the future, if we're lucky.

33 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

3 hours ago, lissie said:

One assumes the "Campaign" pricing is identical to "Saver Fare", then the FCD is not usable.

Recently, some Saver Fares were seen to be higher than an Early Saver.

We book on "Launch", select our Stateroom, take the 5% launch discount, then be given good OBC for the Cunard Fare, use FCDs and take £50.00 pp off, and receive an additional US$250.00 pp

Edited by PORT ROYAL

8 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Unfortunately FCD are no longer available at £50pp they were increased some time ago before Covid to I believe but not 100% certain to £175pp.

Agreed

Still have a load of "Old" FCDs which have been extended

Then will use the "New" ones - @ £175.00 pp is still a no brainer.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I have 2 purchased on QM2 last November and worry that if the new brochure isnt released soon by then I will lose them as they only supposed to last 12 months.

Sadly, we have 16 live from cancelled cruises, with 12 unused stored online with Cunard, which were destined for this month's new brochure.  Happy to confirm Cunard have extended without boundaries.

Don't think you'll have a problem using two FCDs by end of this month.

18 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Different issue, but did you notice that the 5% deposit for those sale fares is non-refundable? That's putting me off booking anything on them. I agree though that a cruise around Japan would be great in fact I was supposed to be on a Cunard one this month! One for the future, if we're lucky.

I'm not booking anything until Cunard starts sailing!  If they aren't doing dancing - I'm not  going its that simple.  I actually wouldn't do the around Japan's main islands because I want to do that by land -the trains are so good. But I want to do the one that goes to Okinawa because that's remote and more difficult to get to - would be fun to do at the end of a land-based Japan trip