Transfer of Carnival OBC and travel agents OBC to new Cruise

drsel

5 minutes ago, drsel said:

Will the travel agents gifted OBC and Carnival gifted OBC on your cancelled Cruise also be transferred to your new Cruise along with your FCC and $600 OBC?

Last time everything transferred.

This time everything but $37 transferred which was refunded to my credit card. Even my stock obc transferred. Ta has no idea why $37 this last rebooking didnt transfer, but it was refunded within 2 weeks. 

Wish I'd just booked out further in the first place as had to pay more and got $50 less incentive obc to book the rate, $750 obc and last time had $800. 

Cant explain as it seems to vary. If its obc gifted by the ta and using same ta, he can just reapply it if still willing. Ta was surprised my stock obc transferred to sept 2021 so far in advance, but $37 of what I'd paid didnt.

Edited by firefly333

My 7 night Cruise cancelled by Carnival had my deposit plus Carnivals $200 OBC plus travel agents gifted $100 OBC.

I use the FCC +$600 to book a new cruise.

Now the new 7 night Cruise also will get Carnivals $200 OBC and the travel agents gifted $100 OBC.

So will I get

$600+200+100 from my cancelled Cruise

Plus $200 and $100 OBC for my new Cruise?

For a total of $1200 OBC on my new 7 night Cruise?

1 minute ago, drsel said:

My 7 night Cruise cancelled by Carnival had my deposit plus Carnivals $200 OBC plus travel agents gifted $100 OBC.

I use the FCC +$600 to book a new cruise.

Now the new 7 night Cruise also will get Carnivals $200 OBC and the travel agents gifted $100 OBC.

So will I get

$600+200+100 from my cancelled Cruise
Plus $200 and $100 OBC for my new Cruise?

For a total of $1200 OBC?

I think your math is wrong.. dont see how you come up with 1200 unless double counting same obc. 

At most if your ta doesnt take away obc, $900, ta isn't giving you obc twice. Why double count the $200 which may or may not transfer. I assume it might not if it was given to rebook, and you rebooked. 

If you have 100 shares of ccl, add $100 obc. 

6 minutes ago, drsel said:

Now the new 7 night Cruise also will get Carnivals $200 OBC 

I'm questioning if you get this $200 again since it's not part of what's being offered currently to rebook. Is it from keeping a booking now cancelled? Obc from a problem ? You dont say what it's for.

As above I went from 800 obc down to 750 when I rebooked. 

I'm questioning if you get this $200 again since it's not part of what's being offered currently to rebook. Is it from keeping a booking now cancelled? Obc from a problem ? You dont say what it's for.

As above I went from 800 obc down to 750 when I rebooked. 
I shall give you the exact figures

My 7 night Carnival Spirit Cruise cancelled by Carnival had my deposit plus Carnivals Aus $100 OBC plus travel agents gifted US$ 50 OBC.

I use the FCC + Aus $ 900 to book a new cruise.

Now the new 7 night Cruise is also eligible to get Carnivals Aus $100 OBC (rate code QS5) plus travel agents gifted US$ 50 OBC

So will I get

Aus $ 900+ Aus $100 + US $50 OBC from my cancelled Cruise
Plus Aus $100 and US $50 OBC for my new Cruise?

For a total of Australian $1100 and US $100 OBC?

I'd ask my travel agent as not sure what the Aus conversion rate is, but you wouldnt get the travel agents obc twice. 

Why not? the travel agent will get commission for the cancelled Cruise as well as for a new Cruise.

Conversion rate is not relevant.

3 minutes ago, drsel said:

Why not? the travel agent will get commission for the cancelled Cruise as well as for a new Cruise.

Conversion rate is not relevant.

Well you can ask but mine isn't. I saw a post from him hes still waiting on commissions from march.

Also, if this was a rebooking from another cancelled cruise he doesnt get paid commission, so my canc october cruise, which was a rebooking he wouldnt get paid on. Travel agents commission was protected on first cancelled cruise, and when you said. Idk. But that's how I understood it. He got nothing from the canc oct cruise because it was a rebooking where funds transferred from a previous cancelled cruise. Now he transferred it to sept 2011. 

I'd take it up with your TA. 

I guess they will get paid commission for all cancelled Cruises which were booked with fresh money.

But if the cancelled Cruise deposit is used to book a new Cruise, then they won't get commission again.

They earn commission only when fresh money is paid.

Travel agents only receive commission from a canceled cruise if it was paid in full. If not, no commission. 

If your previous OBC was from a specific promotion and this is currently not offered, you won't receive this.

Count on the $600 and any old OBC you received as result of a price reduction, payment overage or old incident you've been compensated for. 

For me I did get OBC from Carnival and the TA + the $600...But I believe it was all based on the new cruise not the old one. 
So does one have to forfeit all the OBC which was given on the cancelled Cruise by Carnival as well as the travel agent?

And only get $600 Plus the Carnival OBC and travel agents OBC for the new Cruise?

I had 800 on canc cruise, now I have 750. I wound up with less.

And a much higher price than if I'd booked further out in the first place. The higher price is killing me to pay. Only need 3 cruises to hit diamond, I think I'm at 179 loyalty pts, but it's just not worth paying those sky high prices to get more obc. Just vista booked... and now 6 rcl cruises. At some pt you have to decide if paying higher price to get obc is worth it.

I'm hoping once all these people booking fewer and fewer carnival ships, quit getting so much obc, prices come down. I'll wait. Every ship going into dry dock or sold, just pushes carnival prices higher and higher. 

Up to you if the obc for the rebooked cruise is worth it, but no you don't get to double up obc. The shocker to me wasnt just less obc to rebook but the prices.

25 minutes ago, drsel said:

So does one have to forfeit all the OBC which was given on the cancelled Cruise by Carnival as well as the travel agent?

And only get $600 Plus the Carnival OBC and travel agents OBC for the new Cruise?

I think that's how it works. Basically a new booking with the $600 and FCC.

25 minutes ago, drsel said:

You don’t get credit/refund of promo OBC obtained with original booking (whether from Carnival or TA) only to get another round when when (if) you rebook if offered at time of rebooking.

The logic of why should be abundantly clear. 

You don’t get credit/refund of promo OBC obtained with original booking (whether from Carnival or TA) only to get another round when when (if) you rebook if offered at time of rebooking.

In post number 2, Firefly said that everything was transferred from the old cancelled booking.

18 minutes ago, drsel said:
4 hours ago, StolidCruiser said:

In post number 2, Firefly said that everything was transferred from the old cancelled booking.

But I didnt get new obc. Transferred stock obc, therefore I dont get again. Only thing didnt transfer as I said was last time they offered 100 promo to book early saver, this time only 50, so that's why I lost 50, and have 50 less. Usually stock obc doesnt transfer, falls off and you have to reapply

• Like 1