NYE cruise out of Tampa not showing up?

edgeman61

We have a New Years Eve cruise (7N out of Tampa departing 12/27/2020) booked on the Legend,  I was checking Carnival's website and that sailing no longer shows up.

I thought maybe it's sold out but there is still over 100 days till sailing and final payment isn't due for about a month.

What really got my suspicions up is that the cruise doesn't show up on Cruise Ship Timetables in Tampa on its scheduled departure date.

Furthermore, several ports we are supposed to visit have banned cruise ship passengers until sometime next year and I'm not partial to paying a holiday premium for a cruise to nowhere.

I don't like the odds of this cruise happening and would prefer that Carnival just come out an cancel it and I'll move it to about the same time next year.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks,

• Like 1

These days it can go either way, and it seems like nobody knows until an official announcement is made. 

You’re either about to be officially notified that your cruise is canceled, or it has been removed from the website for reaching capacity. This could be the case now that Paradise’s cruises from Tampa are officially canceled until March. People may have been re-accommodated  on the Legend.

53 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

The announcement here in the Tampa area is that Carnival has cancelled all cruises out of Tampa  (all of Florida?)  until the end of March 2021.

A very wise decision due to the Covid 19 problems here in the state.

And I saw a blog saying that only 2 florida ports can currently be booked for november. So they theorize the rest will be cancelled.

Do you have a link to all florida cruises being cancelled or just your guess?

3 hours ago, Homosassa said:

The announcement here in the Tampa area is that Carnival has cancelled all cruises out of Tampa  (all of Florida?)  until the end of March 2021.

A very wise decision due to the Covid 19 problems here in the state.

It wasn't an announcement it was a false story from CNN and most news outlets have retracted the story or corrected it.

Thank you all for the responses.

It hadn't occurred to me that another cancellation might have increased the passenger count, that and Carnival may be intentionally preparing to sail at less than full capacity.

Not having this cruise show up on the timetables website probably has more to do with an issue on their part as the Legend's prior cruise and the following cruise do show up in the port of Tampa.

Waiting for the CDC no sail order to lift (or be extended) before deciding if I want to stay on this cruise when the port we booked it for (Grand Cayman) is not allowing cruise passengers.

17 hours ago, edgeman61 said:

Thank you all for the responses.

It hadn't occurred to me that another cancellation might have increased the passenger count, that and Carnival may be intentionally preparing to sail at less than full capacity.

Not having this cruise show up on the timetables website probably has more to do with an issue on their part as the Legend's prior cruise and the following cruise do show up in the port of Tampa.

Waiting for the CDC no sail order to lift (or be extended) before deciding if I want to stay on this cruise when the port we booked it for (Grand Cayman) is not allowing cruise passengers.

I have no idea if this cruise will happen or not, but our Paradise cruse disappeared from the Carnival site a while before we got the cancellation notice.  All we can do is remain flexible at this point and hope for the best.  Hope that you get to go!

6 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

OK - for all you "fake news" screamers - here it is direct from the Carnival website

https://www.carnival.com/health-and-sailing-updates?icid=default_butterbar_health&safety_06032020

The Legend isn't on there as cancelled. The other sailings in December both show up and yes your post was false information.

Edited by regoodwinjr