SAY NO TO MSC

vany123

5 minutes ago, vany123 said:

It is now 8 months since I've canceled my cruise with MSC and I still have not received a refund and no response to my messages. This is ridiculous MSC!

Did you pay via credit card? If yes, file a dispute and depending on your CC, they may immediately credit the amount to your CC. Then the CC will give MSC 60 days to respond. My CC is Citi Visa. Worked for me.

Good Luck!

With some CC you must file a dispute within x number of days from payment.

1 hour ago, vany123 said:

It is now 8 months since I've canceled my cruise with MSC and I still have not received a refund and no response to my messages. This is ridiculous MSC!

‘how was it booked? Even if with a TA, call msc. I have had decent luck with them in that regard with the refunds. 

Just now, UPNYGuy said:

‘how was it booked? Even if with a TA, call msc. I have had decent luck with them in that regard with the refunds. 

I booked through my TA. We were on a 3 way call with MSC in the US. Promised within 2 weeks. Never showed up. So I did the CC Dispute and got my money from CC credit to my card immediately. Then  had to wait on MSC to respond to my CC. 

Everyone has a different experience. 

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

Did you pay via credit card? If yes, file a dispute and depending on your CC, they may immediately credit the amount to your CC. Then the CC will give MSC 60 days to respond. My CC is Citi Visa. Worked for me.

Good Luck!

On my American Express, I was outside of the dispute window, yet they filed one anyway.  And I got my refund in short order.  Definitely a great option when MSC fails or refuses to refund deposits promptly.

They expect us, as customers, to pay promptly.  If we miss final payment, they'll keep our deposit and cut us zero slack.  If we cancel a cruise within the non-refundable window, they'll keep the deposit and cut us zero slack.  So why should they be able to retain deposits for months?  They have the exact same obligation to act promptly that we do.

12 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

On my American Express, I was outside of the dispute window, yet they filed one anyway.  And I got my refund in short order.  Definitely a great option when MSC fails or refuses to refund deposits promptly.

They expect us, as customers, to pay promptly.  If we miss final payment, they'll keep our deposit and cut us zero slack.  If we cancel a cruise within the non-refundable window, they'll keep the deposit and cut us zero slack.  So why should they be able to retain deposits for months?  They have the exact same obligation to act promptly that we do.

Totally agree! All business want their money now. But, make them wait and your SOL. LOL

Stay Safe!

22 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

We booked via TA.  MSC won't talk to us or respond.  FCC no show coming up 8 months.

4 hours ago, dexddd said:

We booked via TA.  MSC won't talk to us or respond.  FCC no show coming up 8 months.

I booked through my TA. We were on a 3 way call with MSC in the US. Promised within 2 weeks. Never showed up. So I did the CC Dispute and got my money from CC credit to my card immediately. Then  had to wait on MSC to respond to my CC. 

Good Luck!