SAY NO TO MSC

vany123

Here's a really interesting story related to Amex Platinum.

A fellow booked flights using frequent flyer miles and only put the $5.60 USD in taxes on Amex.  His family later required medical evacuation.  Just that act of putting $5 on the Amex saved them $275,000 USD.

Amex saves $275,0000 in medical evacuations costs.

WOW. That must be a first, you are the ONLY person that have reported having received a refund.  There are many thousands still waiting in vain.   We been told 120 days to receive refund.  

I support the OP. -  Say NO to MSC .............they are totally untrustworthy 
I got my refund for 2 sailings in June about a month ago. Cancelled it 90 days in advance and got it about a week or two after the 90 days.

Am happy that I got it. But we also used a travel agent. Waiting for june/july YC itineraries to become available to book with MSC again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 9/25/2020 at 7:29 PM, mickey89 said:

I filed a dispute with VISA back in July......still waiting their decision.  Wish I used my AMEX now

Good news from VISA Dispute Team today, MSC will refund my deposit within 7 days.  Pressure works........
(It took almost 3 months for VISA to view my case due to the massive pandemic backlog)

Just remembered I was unable to use my AMEX as very few companies except them due to their high charges.

Learnt a lesson,  never ever trust MSC.

My personal view is that one should insist on prompt refunds and generally, should not take Future Cruise Credits.  There may be exceptions, but I can see situations where you could lose that FCC under various circumstances.  True, you may get a 25% bonus, but there is no assurance that you'll be able to use or recover it under all circumstances.

I requested cash back, disputed it when they wouldn't do that, and booked a new cruise for 2021 using new money.  I've very satisfied with that arrangement and there will be no future FCC "misunderstandings" that may well go against me, going forward.

Remember, the devil is in the details.

@Stockjock As I'm currently stuck in FCC limbo, I tend to agree with you. I will sing a different tune if all goes as promised and I end up in a 2BR Royal Suite this December instead of what I had booked for last March. Hoping I'll get the opportunity to appreciate that bonus 25%. (If they can ever find it. haha.)

• Like 1

Our Seashore cruise in July 2021 has been cancelled and they gave us three options:

1. The same cruise but on an old ship + €200 onboard credit.

2. All paid money back. (Don't know when!)

3. Rebook and transfer all paid money to the new cruise.

We have rebooked to Grandiosa departing one day later than the cruise we booked first. We got a new price, more than $2000 less than our originally booking. We are happy, so far.      

• Like 1

I'm with the OP on this one... we had multiple cruises booked with 5 different lines when covid hit, and rec'd a relatively prompt refund from all of them (NCL was the longest at 120 days), but MSC refused to give a refund at all to Canadian clients... and had the most abhorrent customer service of any cruise line we've ever dealt with!  We finally disputed the MSC costs with our credit card company and were successfully refunded 34 days after opening the dispute. 

WE WILL NEVER CRUISE WITH MSC! And I will do everything I possibly can to dissuade others from cruising with them as well.  

But hey.. I'm sure there are those who've had great experiences with MSC and will continue to cruise with them... good luck, as I'm sure it's only a matter of time before MSC manages to anger every client in some way or another. 

• Like 1

No refunds for Canadians. MSC Can't be Trusted. they resort to unethical practices. This will Backfire and Harm there Brand. Short-sighted and dishonest business  lose customers. We simply don't deserve this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, burry75 said:

No refunds for Canadians. MSC Can't be Trusted. they resort to unethical practices. This will Backfire and Harm there Brand. Short-sighted and dishonest business  lose customers. We simply don't deserve this.

It isn't just Canadians.  From posts, it has Hurt their brand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can only judge a company or an individual the way they treated me.  MSC is a super company to deal with and the YC (for the price) beats all of the competition.   The best bang for the buck.

We booked our future cruises on board with the Future Cruise Manager and getting our refunds calling MSC was expeditious and seamless.  Glad we canceled our Nov 1 on Seaside since it looks like a 100% no go.

Hopefully, by March next year, things will be better.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, burry75 said:

They refuse to adhere to their own terms and conditions by offering a refund and have altered the terms and conditions on their website which is illegal. They offer different compensation to different countries. They delay cancelling cruises that can obviously never go ahead so they can either collect final payments or confiscate paid deposits. They never reply to emails. They make no effort to contact customers with information. If you have any issues with this company, you are in fact screwed! We will never cruise with them again, and will do everything to help others to beware of this company.

17 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We are among those who have had only great experiences with MSC.  They haven't disappointed us yet, and we plan to continue to sail with them.

Same here, never a problem contacting them, no problem getting our refund, MSC has been absolutely stellar from the beginning. They are our favorite cruise line.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We are among those who have had only great experiences with MSC.  They haven't disappointed us yet, and we plan to continue to sail with them.

Agree! I have resisted replying to this Topic as it bumps it up again and puts the Subject Line front and center. But today I could not resist. We too thoroughly enjoy cruising with MSC and will continue to do so.

• Like 3

Some people seem to only come on this forum to trash MSC and take every opportunity to remind us how they will never sail on them again.

Which... fine by me, keeps a room open for us, and I won't have to deal with your grumpy attitude for a week.

• Like 5

On 9/30/2020 at 1:56 PM, mamaneedsavacay said:

As I'm currently stuck in FCC limbo, I tend to agree with you. I will sing a different tune if all goes as promised and I end up in a 2BR Royal Suite this December instead of what I had booked for last March. Hoping I'll get the opportunity to appreciate that bonus 25%. (If they can ever find it. haha.)

I now have to give credit where credit is due! I have been very critical of MSC and how they have handled my FCC from March up until this point. But I've just logged into my MSC USA account and it has me fully booked in that 2BR Grand Suite (I misstated "Royal" suite in my pp.) 

I had run out of patience and faith. But if this ship sails (which is a different subject entirely), my family and I will have an entirely upgraded experience from what we would have had last spring. In any case, MSC has followed through on their promises to me, and I'm thankful. 

It's only ever been their shoreside service that's been at issue. I expect the cruise experience will be even better than our last MSC cruise.

My encouragement is to keep pushing and involve whatever higher-ups you can. I hope it works out for you all to get the refunds or the future cruises you're expecting!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

I now have to give credit where credit is due! I have been very critical of MSC and how they have handled my FCC from March up until this point. But I've just logged into my MSC USA account and it has me fully booked in that 2BR Grand Suite (I misstated "Royal" suite in my pp.) 

I had run out of patience and faith. But if this ship sails (which is a different subject entirely), my family and I will have an entirely upgraded experience from what we would have had last spring. In any case, MSC has followed through on their promises to me, and I'm thankful. 

It's only ever been their shoreside service that's been at issue. I expect the cruise experience will be even better than our last MSC cruise.

My encouragement is to keep pushing and involve whatever higher-ups you can. I hope it works out for you all to get the refunds or the future cruises you're expecting!

Thanks for posting the update and hopefully the cruise will make up for the problems you have had -however there are some people just want to moan. Looking at a recent posters profile his cruise was due to depart October 4th there are lots of folks been waiting months but he is berating MSC already

Liz

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

🤞for you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 2:26 PM, mickey89 said:

WOW. That must be a first, you are the ONLY person that have reported having received a refund.  There are many thousands still waiting in vain.   We been told 120 days to receive refund.  

I support the OP. -  Say NO to MSC .............they are totally untrustworthy 

this is an outright lie. I have received refunds for cruises on Magnifica (April 2020), Seaside (April 2020) and Meraviglia (October 2020)

• Like 1

I had an MSC Venice cruise booked for Jun 2020. It took a little over 120 days to get all my money refunded. MSC did refund all my money, not an FCC. 

No complaints with them.

RCI Venice booked for Jun 2020 to get on after we got off of MSC.

RCI also gave a full refund, not an FCC. RCI was a little quicker.

Had to cancel 2 RCI cruises for Nov 2020. Received FCCs for downpayment of $500 each then applied to 2021 cruise.

Stay Safe!

Edited by Oxo
  • Like 1