Vision of the Seas May 2021

MeredithNC

I have been booked for this cruise since January - Barcelona/France/Italy.  Final payment not due until February 2021 but saw that Vision of the Seas would be moving to the Caribbean next summer.  Looked on line and still showing the cruise I booked on as available.  Probably not going due to medical reasons, but wondered what others have heard.  Hopefully I can move it out a year otherwise I guess my deposit is gone.  

The news of Vision going to the Caribbean for the summer was published inadvertently.  Royal quickly pulled that press release saying it was outdated information.

Until Royal publishes more information no one knows if the leaked information remains valid or if its off the table and existing cruises remain valid.  

• Like 1

We too are booked on this one.  booked the day it opened and have beautiful corner aft balcony.  This morning bought drink package for $40.  We will be crushed if this cancels as we have the best cabin and this was our 40th anniversary cruise.  Due to other trips, we couldn't move this until 2023.  Crossing fingers.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MeredithNC said:

I have been booked for this cruise since January - Barcelona/France/Italy.  Final payment not due until February 2021 but saw that Vision of the Seas would be moving to the Caribbean next summer.  Looked on line and still showing the cruise I booked on as available.  Probably not going due to medical reasons, but wondered what others have heard.  Hopefully I can move it out a year otherwise I guess my deposit is gone.  

If there are medical reasons, and you want to move to next year, the lift and switch might end sept 30th, I'd do it now.

You can also cancel now and apply the fcc later on to another cruise. 

But I would decide by sept 30th.

Edited by firefly333

59 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If there are medical reasons, and you want to move to next year, the lift and switch might end sept 30th, I'd do it now.

You can also cancel now and apply the fcc later on to another cruise. 

But I would decide by sept 30th.

There are no summer 2022 Europe cruises available for Lift & Shift. 

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Possibly april I was thinking. Payment due in feb, he doest say when cruise is, but assume may, can lift and shift 1 year, minus 4 weeks = April 

She said the cruise is in May 2021, and there are no Europe cruises available to book for 2022 - even in April. It may be possible to L&S her cruise once the 2022 Europe cruises are released (hopefully) in a few months - if RCI extends the deadline to do so.

Edited by NancyIL

5 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

She said the cruise is in May 2021, and there are no Europe cruises available to book for 2022 - even in April. It may be possible to L&S her cruise once the 2022 Europe cruises are released (hopefully) in a few months - if RCI extends the deadline to do so.

Well take the fcc then if you know there are medical reasons you cant go. I still wouldnt wait past sept 30 and hope its extended

Just now, firefly333 said:

Well take the fcc then if you know there are medical reasons you cant go. I still wouldnt wait past sept 30 and hope its extended

The OP loses nothing by waiting. The Cruise With Confidence policy allows one to cancel until 48 hours before cruise departure and receive a Future Cruise Credit - as long as the cruise was booked by September 30. 

We received a letter from RC today that our 12 day June 2021 cruise out of Barcelona was canceled.   We will be getting a full refund, or if we choose another cruise within 3 weeks we can get a $100-$200 credit depending on length.  

Edited by jjjandkk

5 minutes ago, jjjandkk said:

We received a letter from RC today that our 12 day June 2021 cruise out of Barcelona was canceled.   We will be getting a full refund, or if we choose another cruise within 3 weeks we can get a $100-$200 credit depending on length.  

Those emails from RCI were received by many of us. Mine said we have until October 31, 2020 to book another 2021 European sailing in order to get the $100 or $200 OBC offered.

If you're wanting to keep your sailing out of Barcelona, your options will be a 7 day on the Harmony or a 4 or 5 day (or a B2B) on Adventure of the Seas.

Adventures dates will be on line on October 1st.

We were scheduled to be on the July1st sailing on the Vision. Doing some scrambling right now.