Which Pier for HAL Oosterdam in Sydney?

Sea42

Hi All,

I'm not sure if the Oosterdam would be consider a big or smaller ship in regards to where it would dock in Sydney. This would be for embarkation not a port stop. Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Sea42

On 9/23/2020 at 10:21 AM, Sea42 said:

Hi All,

I'm not sure if the Oosterdam would be consider a big or smaller ship in regards to where it would dock in Sydney. This would be for embarkation not a port stop. Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Usually Oosterdam docks at White Bay, which is on the under side of The Sydney Harbour Bridge. There is not any public transport available except taxis or Uber. Most cruise lines would provide shuttles to the airport or perhaps to Central Station (which we have used in the past). There may be a ferry running which would take you directly across to Kings Wharf at Barangaroo which is then an easy walk 6 or 7 minute into the city and Wynyard Railway Station through the tunnel Wynyard Walk. 

On the map below you will see White Bay Cruise Terminal on the left of the map and Barangaroo almost in the middle of the map across the bay. The Kings Wharf is marked below Barangaroo. 

When you are planning on coming to Sydney? It is not expected that cruising will recommence from Australia until the 2021-2022 season.

Leigh

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 11.11.08 - Edited.png

Thank you for all of the information, I appreciate it.

We are booked on a cruise that is scheduled for late January of 2022. I am optimistic but realistic of the chances that this will actually happen.

But I sure am having a great time learning about all of the wonderful places we may visit!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

There should be a ferry run by captain cook cruises that runs from kings street wharf to white bay cruise terminal.

But at the moment there’s nothing on there website as there’s a current ban on cruises.

https://www.captaincook.com.au/sydney-harbour-cruises/ferries/

Where did yo plan to stay?

I haven't decide on our hotel location yet. First, I'm deciding what we want to do during our time in Sydney and then we'll pick a location that works best for those plans. It's early days in our planning as I just booked this sailing over the weekend. We had been booked on a South America/Antarctica cruise but there are questions about regulations changes in Antarctica waters that made us change our plans.