Virtual treasure hunt.

Lanky Lad

25 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Where's this ?

Screenshot_20201017-091827.png

At one of the windows forward on QM2 either on deck 3 with the tall-backed red chairs (along the hallway leading to Illuminations) or one deck lower with the games tables (along the hallway leading to ConneXions). Judging from the distance to the water, the height of the ledge and the absence of any furniture in the shot, it seems most likely to me this was taken while seated at one of those tall-backed red chairs on deck 3 rather than standing over/around one of the games tables.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bluemarble said:

At one of the windows forward on QM2 either on deck 3 with the tall-backed red chairs (along the hallway leading to Illuminations) or one deck lower with the games tables (along the hallway leading to ConneXions). Judging from the distance to the water, the height of the ledge and the absence of any furniture in the shot, it seems most likely to me this was taken while seated at one of those tall-backed red chairs on deck 3 rather than standing over/around one of the games tables.

I was going to post this as a where is it. 

DSCN1657.jpeg

2 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

It is indeed, but where was I sitting?  The chair and the metalwork should give it away.

Well, it's not the long bar in Raffles.  And likely cheaper than the long bar in Raffles.

BTW Lanky Lad, many thanks for starting this thread.  Lots of fun!

31 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

There might be enough to here to figure out what & where this is

IMG_20190916_230924.jpg

The coaster gives the location away.  It's a wooden table which suggests not QM2 so the Commodore Club on QE or QV. 

Not sure what the drink is, but I think I want one.

Edited by Lanky Lad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

I'll leave it a bit longer as someone has mentioned it recently so they might recognise it but yes it's the Commodore Club on Queen Elizabeth.

9 minutes ago, steve1young said:

Could it be a Punch Romaine a la Carpathia?

And the date that photo was taken just might have been September 16, 2019. Quoting HH from her "Notes from a cruise to Iceland" on QE thread:

"... We went up to the Commodore Club where I tried the Punch Romaine."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, steve1young said:

bluemarble, You kill me. 😂 I picture you sitting at your computer with a Sherlock Holmes style hat on your head and a pipe dangling from your mouth.  Excellent deduction, sir.

I should have mentioned how appropriate it was you identified that drink since you mentioned it in the "What drink will you order first?" thread. A little more detective work there. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1