TA commission?

phabric

11 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Well, Princess cancelled 3 cruises for the Grand Princes in March/April 2021.  We are only getting back the amount of money paid - either the FCD or plus any partial payments that were made - to the original form of payment..  No FCCs given.  They did give $15 pp Goodwill Credit for each cruise which we are to receive if we book any other cruise by 28 Feb 2021.

The double-your-deposit for cancelled cruises was for cruises cancelled because of Covid-19 pauses.

I suspect your cruises were cancelled do to Princess deciding to redeploy the ship. The meager $15 pp Goodwill credit is what they have given in the past for such cancellations.

• Thanks 1

The double-your-deposit for cancelled cruises was for cruises cancelled because of Covid-19 pauses.

I suspect your cruises were cancelled do to Princess deciding to redeploy the ship. The meager $15 pp Goodwill credit is what they have given in the past for such cancellations.
How much do you think they will give for the Sea Princess cancellations because it is sold?

7 minutes ago, drsel said:
36 minutes ago, caribill said:

How much do you think they will give for the Sea Princess cancellations because it is sold?

No idea, but I would not be surprised if it is just $15.

5 hours ago, drsel said:
6 hours ago, caribill said:

The following are the options provided for my friend's Sea Princess booking.

Guests have the option to stick with us by accepting this special higher value Future Cruise Credit offer:

• 100% value of cruise fare paid as a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC)
• Bonus non-refundable FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid

This requires no action and gives our team a chance to shine at a later date by using the Future Cruise Credits above on any voyage booked by May 1, 2022.

Alternatively, guests can forfeit the higher value FCC offer and request a refund for all money paid on their bookingGuests have until October 31, 2020 to decide, or they will automatically receive the default offer listed above.

23 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

The following are the options provided for my friend's Sea Princess booking.

Guests have the option to stick with us by accepting this special higher value Future Cruise Credit offer:

• 100% value of cruise fare paid as a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC)
• Bonus non-refundable FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid

This requires no action and gives our team a chance to shine at a later date by using the Future Cruise Credits above on any voyage booked by May 1, 2022.

Alternatively, guests can forfeit the higher value FCC offer and request a refund for all money paid on their bookingGuests have until October 31, 2020 to decide, or they will automatically receive the default offer listed above.

Do you know if this was for a paid-in-full booking or for a deposit-only booking? 

The offer looks similar to what Pause 3 and Pause 4 people received for paid-in-full bookings.

• 100% value of cruise fare paid as a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) • Bonus non-refundable FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid
this is when the cruise fare is paid in full, it's 125% FCC.
For part payment or only deposit payment, it is as per my post number 23.

• 7 months later...

The Cruise industry trade magazine mentions that the commission to agencies is 10 to 16 % based on their volumes so the giant agencies get 16% on the commissionable basic fare, which excludes port fees and taxes.

If you put your selected Cruise and cabin on the bidding site, many different agencies will offer you higher and higher discounts of approximately 8 to 10%.

So they earn only 8 to 6% on the commissionable basic fare.

Even price drops are done free of charge, but they might reduce the discount proportionately, because for every price drop their commission is also reduced proportionately.

Most of them have no change fees or cancellation fees.

This is clearly mentioned with their discounted price offer, which includes all port fees and taxes but excludes gratuities and tips.

The funny part about agencies is that--

if you go through the bidding site, you will get a slightly better deal than going to the agency directly;  even though they have to pay $30 dollars or more to the bidding site.

This is due to intense competition among the large agencies on that site.

Another point to note is that for different Cruises on different Cruise lines, the same agency may not always offer you the best deal.

There is usually a slight difference in discounted price or equivalent OBC among the top 4 agencies on this site

2 hours ago, drsel said:

if you go through the bidding site, you will get a slightly better deal than going to the agency directly;  even though they have to pay $30 dollars or more to the bidding site.

I'd say "it depends".  When I found our TA via that site, I continued to get the same top discount (15%) every booking after that with her directly.  The discount from her agency remained consistent. 

That said, they began to reduce the discount rate after Covid, then restored it, and a while back dramatically reduced it.  I had been totally loyal, but went back to the bidding site when Europe Fall 2022 came out and got nearly as good a discount (12%) with another agency.  I do wish I could have used what I thought would be our forever TA, but for almost $900, the price of undeterred loyalty was too much. 

Will return to them if the old discount rate is restored - or even matches. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I'd say "it depends".  When I found our TA via that site, I continued to get the same top discount (15%) every booking after that with her directly.  The discount from her agency remained consistent. 

That said, they began to reduce the discount rate after Covid, then restored it, and a while back dramatically reduced it.  I had been totally loyal, but went back to the bidding site when Europe Fall 2022 came out and got nearly as good a discount (12%) with another agency.  I do wish I could have used what I thought would be our forever TA, but for almost $900, the price of undeterred loyalty was too much. 

Will return to them if the old discount rate is restored - or even matches. 

Such a huge difference $900 ?

that's incredible!

4 minutes ago, drsel said:

getting 15% discount on the commissionable basic fare is absolutely amazing

Got it for several years.  I believe it is the best out there as never saw nor heard of anything better.  Best otherwise I am aware of is 12%.

7 minutes ago, drsel said:

Such a huge difference $900 ?

that's incredible!

Well, when a 15% discount is slashed to something less than half of what it was and you are talking about four cruises covering 39 nights, it adds up.  And we don't book the expensive cabins.

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Well, when a 15% discount is slashed to something less than half of what it was and you are talking about four cruises covering 39 nights, it adds up.  And we don't book the expensive cabins.

What was the basic commissionable fare for 2 adults for the 39 night Cruise?
How much additionally for the port fees and taxes?
Which Cruise is this if you don't mind

1 minute ago, drsel said:

What was the basic commissionable fare for 2 adults for the 39 night Cruise?
How much additionally for the port fees and taxes?
Which Cruise is this if you don't mind

The cruises are listed in my signature block.  You can see pricing on Princess.com.  It really hasn't changed - unlike some other voyages based on recent postings.  When we booked, the B.S.E. promo was on so we paid less for cabin.  Also got free specialty dining.

You seem to understand pricing, so I am thinking you know how to calculate fare breakdown.  Non-comm is generally $25/day, but is less on longer voyages.