Azamara Survey

Grandma Cruising

On 9/29/2020 at 8:48 AM, Mrs Miggins said:

No survey received. 

On 9/29/2020 at 8:48 AM, Mrs Miggins said:

No survey received. 

Please email loyaltyambassador@azamara.com with your loyalty information and we'll be able to look into this further.

Thank you.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:44 PM, AJCM said:

I encourage people to complete this survey, if only to tick the question whether the double upgrade offer is too expensive.

Also, there is more scope to enter actual comments. Whether our comments go anywhere or not is another matter but I see there are a lot of uncertainties about changes to the length and itineraries of 2021 cruises and shore excursion options, and such changes may have a significant impact on whether people cancel and seek a refund before 31 Dec rather than use FCC; so I encourage people to make comments which may end up being to our benefit.

Our 14n Spain Intensive cruise in late May 2021 has disappeared from the search engine. In my account, this is now showing as a quite different 10n cruise; starting and ending at the same locations but very different in between. With the reduced length, it now ends in Bordeaux 4 n before the next in our B2B departs Bordeaux - very strange. Presumedly they're going to slot a 4n cruise between our B2B. It may just be a glitch and, in any case, I'm sure we'll have clarification in good time but it is a good illustration how changes may affect our decision making. The survey is at least some opportunity to raise practical issues.

I was on the same b2b cruises as you, but I guess you know by now that the first segment has a totally changed itinerary that ends up in Dublin, not Bordeaux, and the next cruise is in Ireland, not France. We have been cancelled out with poor options offered. They claim the ship has been chartered, but Azamara is selling the new cruises in Ireland and Iceland. Does that sound like a charter? I completed the survey and told them that if we can't rely on them to actually deliver the cruises they sell us, why would we choose Azamara? Before this incident, they were always my favorite, go to cruise line.   

2 hours ago, avw said:

I was on the same b2b cruises as you, but I guess you know by now that the first segment has a totally changed itinerary that ends up in Dublin, not Bordeaux, and the next cruise is in Ireland, not France. We have been cancelled out with poor options offered. 

thanks avw- I wasn’t aware of this. I’ve now had a look at the new itineraries and I’ll put in my refund application for B2B2B tomorrow. Very disappointed but I recognise that times are now very different. I’m doubtful about cruising before a vaccine arrives, so this makes it easier. We’ll have a look at cruises a few months later in 2021 as we’ll now have all this money to spend on an alternative cruise line, if we can find the right itineraries.

8 hours ago, AJCM said:

thanks avw- I wasn’t aware of this. I’ve now had a look at the new itineraries and I’ll put in my refund application for B2B2B tomorrow. Very disappointed but I recognise that times are now very different. I’m doubtful about cruising before a vaccine arrives, so this makes it easier. We’ll have a look at cruises a few months later in 2021 as we’ll now have all this money to spend on an alternative cruise line, if we can find the right itineraries.

AJCM, I suggest that you wait until you see the communications that Azamara issued early last week to those who are booked on these cruises, because it has information about options that you should be aware of before you take the next step. If you had a travel agent on your bookings, they should have forwarded the communication to you last week. If you booked directly with Azamara, I would ask why they haven't been in touch with you before this. They were lovely itineraries and there is only one opportunity to get close to replicating them, which is in Sept 2021. Good luck in getting a resolution that works best for you.

3 hours ago, avw said:

They were lovely itineraries and there is only one opportunity to get close to replicating them, which is in Sept 2021. Good luck in getting a resolution that works best for you.

thanks again avw. Good advice. The Sep itineraries are certainly appealing so I’ll see what Az proposes.

5 hours ago, AJCM said:

thanks again avw. Good advice. The Sep itineraries are certainly appealing so I’ll see what Az proposes.

Azamara told me that I could change to Sept, with 3 less nights, if I pay $2000 more and get $2000 less in OBC. Doesn't sound fair at all to me. Maybe you will get a different agent with a better answer/solution. Good luck. I would be interested to hear how things work out for you, if you don't mind sharing. I would be happy to send you my email address if you prefer.

52 minutes ago, avw said:

Azamara told me that I could change to Sept, with 3 less nights, if I pay $2000 more and get $2000 less in OBC. Doesn't sound fair at all to me. Maybe you will get a different agent with a better answer/solution. Good luck. I would be interested to hear how things work out for you, if you don't mind sharing. I would be happy to send you my email address if you prefer.

avw 

I’m happy to keep you informed of the response I get. Probably prefer email - please lost. 

Tony

1 hour ago, AJCM said:

avw 

I’m happy to keep you informed of the response I get. Probably prefer email - please lost. 

Tony

Tony,

Thank you. My email is awardlow@yahoo.com.

I am also looking at other alternatives, in case Azamara refuses to resolve this in a satisfactory way. I found one so far, on a luxury cruise line that I never sailed before, that has a similar itinerary and might be a good substitute. But, I hate having to leave Azamara to try another line when I have come to feel so comfortable on Azamara over the years. 

Anne