FTTF on Panorama

cruiseSEA52

I am an advocate of FTTF, but on Panorama I found it of little value. With time certain boarding, landside crew in the dome being well organized, and a very smooth running process to get you aboard you barely had time to stop walking through the dome. I have never used the "guest services desk" and with a noon arrival time, I saw no advantage to being in the room before 1:30. We had lunch at Guy's and explored the ship a bit, then put the carry ons in the room. As is my custom I looked at routes to safety in case of emergency, and the location of my muster station and lifeboat. I examined the flotation device for suitability. Then I unpack and fit the empty cases under the bed. The only time I wished I had FTTF was to catch a tender in Cabo. The line seemed long, but moved quickly as the tenders were rather large. It was fifteen minutes to get off the ship.

Panorama is a large ship, and it was full last January, but it was never crowded. The new elevator system saves a lot of time, and only signals you when there is room in the cab. No more packed sardines when the doors open. 

I would save the $110 and indulge another whim aboard. 

Edited by Moviela

I agree with MovielaI didn't find it necessary, things moved quickly. It's not worth the spend for me, I'd rather use it for something else since the biggest benefit is being able to drop off bags right away but I didn't find this to be a big problem. If you have a lot of carry on stuff, it may be. Enjoy your trip!  

With all of the new covid 19 protocols, I don't think FTTF will matter anymore.  If we're traveling in ships that are vastly under capacity and only getting off for organized excursions, I don't think there will be any use for it.  Perhaps wait to see what the protocols will be before booking FTTF?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My DM, DD and I get FTF and enjoy it every time. We enjoy getting on early changing into our suits and then grabbing a quick bite before the pool gets too crowded. We utilize guest services and being able to use the shorter line is nice. For ports that give priority debarkation walk-off/tenders it is a plus but we are early birds so even without it we are usually off the ship and back on before the crowds. It is always about what you are willing to spend your money on and for us it is worth every penny. 
Happy cruising 

We typically get it for guest services. We seem to end up going there multiple times and it really saves time not having to wait in the long line. We do have it for our Panorama cruise scheduled for July but may cancel it depending on the protocols and boarding procedures. 

Cruised on the Panorama back in February and without FTTF (or any other perk that would get us on early) we were on the ship enjoying our first drink on Lido before 11:45.  BUT, the very next cruise NO ONE even started started boarding before 11:45 (we had a long lay over so stuck around to enjoy the people watching).  I'd vote for "not worth it" 

Personal choice. I like walking up to the shorter priority passenger line at Guest Services. I like dropping off my carry-on in my already clean and prepared cabin. I also like getting on the ship early and getting a great lounger by the pool for lunch or the perfect chair in Serenity. That is what I like about cruising there are a variety of personal choices for everyone . I choose to spend my money on FTTF, and I get every time.