Not cruising this winter? What are your plans?!

sakigemcam

On 10/1/2020 at 4:39 PM, phoenix_dream said:

I'm curious what you mean by record numbers.  Is that recent?  I was interested so I googled it and through June Florida tourism was down 60%.  So are you saying that in July and August, the hottest months of the year, not to mention the hurricanes,  you saw people visiting in record numbers?  Where were they coming from and where were they visiting??  As I may possibly be one of the people fleeing bad weather that you don't want to visit, I am honestly curious.

Sorry, not visitors, people moving here.  At least that is what the local news is reporting and what we are seeing (I'm a Real Estate broker).  I guess it all depends on where we look as I don't always believe the local news.  But, you should see all the new housing developments even in our little area.  It's amazing.  You can't find a house under $300k or if you do, be prepared as you'll usually pay over asking price with multiple offers on each house.

But yes, tourism is way down, that's true.  

On 10/3/2020 at 2:51 PM, Luckynana said:

Thank you, SeaSwirl!  I'm putting it on my list!😉

I hope you are going soon, because it is Seasonal and probably will be closing soon!  Call them for close date.

Edited by elaineb
  • Like 1

In the U.S. we still have a Level 4 travel advisory.   No non essential travel out of the country, this does include the DR, Puerto Rico and Mexico so all inclusive are out unless this changes.   I would also guess we can’t cruise until this changes.   It’s been six months already so don’t know when we will be free to travel.

10 hours ago, elaineb said:

I hope you are going soon, because it is Seasonal and probably will be closing soon!  Call them for close date.

Hi elainebe...yes, we are going October 21st for a few days.😀

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

In the U.S. we still have a Level 4 travel advisory.   No non essential travel out of the country, this does include the DR, Puerto Rico and Mexico so all inclusive are out unless this changes.   I would also guess we can’t cruise until this changes.   It’s been six months already so don’t know when we will be free to travel.

I, like I am sure everyone else, is going stir crazy!  2 cruises cancelled and not even able to go away for a weekend for our 45th as no neighboring state wants us without a 2 week quarantine.  We had a Royal cruise planned for May 2021, but they changed the ship on us, so we got to cancel on them.  To be safe, we booked the Reflection for November 2021.  I hope with all my heart we get to go.

But these are first world problems, and when I am having a pity party, I think of those who have lost people and jobs and probably in the near future, homes.  I look at past memories and am grateful we had them.

• Like 1