Lift/Shift - Still don't get it, had to cancel and rebook

sakigemcam

Following up on a few days of frustration - 

We are still stumped as to how X could "suggest" we move our 2021  reservation from S to M class,  different itinerary, and not receive a partial refund, more OBC or an upgrade. YET, when our wonderful TA suggested they move us into into downgraded cabin on Edge Class for the identical 2022 itinerary, that wasn't in any way an option, not even for more money. There's plenty of availability. 

So, we had no choice but to cancel.  We're glad not to have to worry about the state of the cruising world for some time, sad we won't be on a cruise, and disappointed in X for thinking we would downgrade a cruise we booked 18 months out. That's not a comparable "shift." Happy for those who were successful and were pleased, but feel like it was a "shaft" instead of a "shift" when a viable option was so obvious. 

Happy Sails to all our fellow cruisers. We'll be at an AI instead. 

I also found "lift and shift" to be useless. My itinerary on S class was only available on E class and they wouldn't let me switch to that. Celebrity suggested I switch my 11-night cruise to another S-class ship with a 9-night and no refund, OBC, etc., for the loss of two days of cruising! Thanks, but no thanks. I canceled instead. I would switch to a cruise line that treats its customers better but they all seem to be the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sakigemcam said:

We are still stumped as to how X could "suggest" we move our 2021  reservation from S to M class,  different itinerary, and not receive a partial refund, more OBC or an upgrade. YET, when our wonderful TA suggested they move us into into downgraded cabin on Edge Class for the identical 2022 itinerary, that wasn't in any way an option, not even for more money. There's plenty of availability. 

So, we had no choice but to cancel.  We're glad not to have to worry about the state of the cruising world for some time, sad we won't be on a cruise, and disappointed in X for thinking we would downgrade a cruise we booked 18 months out. That's not a comparable "shift." Happy for those who were successful and were pleased, but feel like it was a "shaft" instead of a "shift" when a viable option was so obvious. 

Sorry you were not able to resolve but pleased that you have decided not to accept an option that you clearly were not happy with. 

Look on the bright side, you have not actually lost any money and you can now look at all cruising options as/when the market reopens...

Sincere best wishes you book something you are happy with.

• Like 2

Was it really necessary to start another thread to complain about the same topic??

They can't possibly find a solution that would make everyone happy.  For many of us, it worked out just fine.  I've lifted and shifted two cruises so far with no issues (in fact, one was an itinerary I liked better!).  And for the record, moving from an S class to an M class is not downgrading at all.  You may personally prefer S class - that's fine.  But that is strictly a matter of opinion.  I personally prefer M class - so to me that part of it would have been an upgrade.  I know that was only one part of your complaint, but I wanted to throw in my two cents on that part of it.

We have done  L & S both from M to S Class and S to M.  For us each ships has things we like better being able L & S to be on either is ok for us.
We also have had 3 cruises cancelled  there was nothing that met the L & S parameters.  Glad we got 2 moved.

3 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

I too am bewildered by you starting a new thread seemingly every post.  We understand you were not happy about L&S.  Maybe Celebrity and you would have been better served if L&S had never been offered.

We were not able to L&S our cruises.  We simply cancelled them.  Many others said they were successful and happy with L&S

Sorry it did not work for you.