Save up to $250 is you own Royal Caribbean stock...

traderneal

I just learned about this and confirmed it with RCL.

If you own at 100 shares of Royal Carribean stock you can save the following in the form of an onboard credit:

$250 for sailings of 14 or more nights

$200 for salings of 9 to 13 nights

$100 for sailings of 6 to 8 nights

$50 for sailings of 5 nights or less

You need to send a photocopy of your share certificate or current brokerage statement

You name

Home address, telephone number and email address

Ship and sailing date

Confirmation number

Captain's Club or Crown and Anchor number (if any)

You can fax to 305-539-4645

I think this is a great deal.

I am still looking for a friends certifcate and would grateful if anyone could help out.

thx

Neal

nealg58417@aol.com

I just learned about this and confirmed it with RCL.

If you own at 100 shares of Royal Carribean stock you can save the following in the form of an onboard credit:

$250 for sailings of 14 or more nights

$200 for salings of 9 to 13 nights

$100 for sailings of 6 to 8 nights

$50 for sailings of 5 nights or less

You need to send a photocopy of your share certificate or current brokerage statement

You name

Home address, telephone number and email address

Ship and sailing date

Confirmation number

Captain's Club or Crown and Anchor number (if any)

You can fax to 305-539-4645

I think this is a great deal.

I am still looking for a friends certifcate and would grateful if anyone could help out.

thx

Neal

nealg58417@aol.com

Same as it's been for years

I just purchased my 100. I faxed in the needed paper workjust this week. Have not heard anything back from RCCL so I hope they got it all ok. I will follow up with an E-mail in a few weeks to confirm all is good. We sail March 18th on the Serenade and will take copies of my documentation to show if needed. :)

You probabl WILL NOT hear back, so give RCI a call, or if you went through a TA have them call. They can get confirmation that your credit has been processed. It takes a few weeks after you fax in the info.

Tis a nice little benefit!

I faxed mine in about a week ago for our Sept. cruise. That $200 will be a very nice bonus. I made copies of my fax and the confirmation that the fax was sent to the phone number listed and will take this with me on the cruise. However, thanks for the idea to call the TA in the meantime to see if they can confirm the credit was made. Between that, the credit for the booking from our TA and the credit from the MBNA card, I should have over $800 onboard money. Nice little chunk of change!!

I usuallly fax my information in and a couple of days later I will email them to see if they received my fax. I usually receive an email from them within 24 hours. I take this email with me when I board the ship.

Sandy

We usually fax the stock info and then I call the C & A phone number and make sure they have the credit on our account. We have never had a problem. I have to say thank you to this cruise critic board because without you all, I never would have known about the on board credit stockholders receive!

Thanks!!!!!!!

The RCL shaeholder benefit is good on both RCL and Celebrity lines. You must own at least 100 shares. You can get the onboard credit as often as you cruise either line.

Once you have faxed the required information, you can email shareholderbenefit@rccl.com and provide your booking number, name of ship and sailing date; ask if they have received your fax and you will get a reply within 48 hours.

Plus, don't forget they are paying a 15 cents per share quarterly dividend also.:)

Same here, I own the stock for some years now too and took some great benefit out of the shareholder benefit. Also did a litle sailing and buying of shares to maximize the benefit. And with this having said a word of warning to all that are unfamiliar with the stock market.

Be careful, by investing in stocks you can not only win money but you can as easy loose your money.

In my eyes buying stocks just for the shareholder benefit is not a good idea.

As of Fridays closure it would be an investment of 4434 USD for a let´s say 200 USD onboard credit. Not too bad, especially if you plan to use it multiple times and have more than one cruises scheduled.

But RCL has ups and downs and as I own them I monitor them on a daily basis.

They go up or down 1 or 2 Dollars per share easily within a weeks range.

So with a 2 Dollar drop in price your 200 USD onboard credit would be equal already.

So I don´t say it´s a bad investment but please inform yourself before investing about the stock market (if you hve no idea how it works) and about the company you are investing in especially.

And don´t do this on a message board like this but use a little more reliable sources;) :rolleyes:

just in case they didn't get your fax! I scan & email everything to Tensi, who for years has emailed me back within an hour that I got the onboard credit & the amount. Very easy to save the file from your broker's web site & attach to the email with the info on your cruise. I than print it out & it goes in my folder as proof since I have had times when no credit showed on day #3.

I just purchased my 100. I faxed in the needed paper workjust this week. Have not heard anything back from RCCL so I hope they got it all ok. I will follow up with an E-mail in a few weeks to confirm all is good. We sail March 18th on the Serenade and will take copies of my documentation to show if needed. :)

as I tell folks, with over 10 cruises RCCL/Celebrity, we have made our money for buying the stock with the onboard credits we get (since we do 2 week cruises) so now it is FREE dividends as we call it, since the $15 up from $13 per quarter is no big deal.

We usually fax the stock info and then I call the C & A phone number and make sure they have the credit on our account. We have never had a problem. I have to say thank you to this cruise critic board because without you all, I never would have known about the on board credit stockholders receive!

Thanks!!!!!!!

Archived