The Jade...Before...reposting

roger001

I gotta tell ya...I just liked the Jade's bright and colorful decor before her being subdued in appearance.  Also i enjoyed her Christmas decor the year we sailed on her during the season.  I wish I could have bought one of her colorful floral fixtures when they were removed.  Miss all of this. 

Here.  Try this link for the photos.  Don't know why the previous don't show up now.   

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZqicMKnJTde3Xq4f8

2 hours ago, roger001 said:

I gotta tell ya...I just liked the Jade's bright and colorful decor before her being subdued in appearance.  Also i enjoyed her Christmas decor the year we sailed on her during the season.  I wish I could have bought one of her colorful floral fixtures when they were removed.  Miss all of this. 

Here.  Try this link for the photos.  Don't know why the previous don't show up now.   

Speaking of bright and colorful decor before being subdued, have you been on one of Carnival's Fantasy-class ships when they first came out? Bright neon lights and colors everywhere!

Grand Atrium on Carnival Fantasy - Cruise Ship - Cruise Critic

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Speaking of bright and colorful decor before being subdued, have you been on one of Carnival's Fantasy-class ships when they first came out? Bright neon lights and colors everywhere!

No.  But WOW!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Wow is right, talk about being "blinded by the light" LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roger001 said:

I first sailed on the Jade in 2008 right after it was renamed.  I thought it was strange to see the Hawaiian decor while sailing around Europe.

18 hours ago, BSR said:

I first sailed on the Jade in 2008 right after it was renamed.  I thought it was strange to see the Hawaiian decor while sailing around Europe.

We sailed on Jade in January-Feb 2010 to the Mediterranean including Egypt.  The Hawaiian decor seemed somewhat out of place, but still one of our best cruises. 

We were booked on her TA from Rome to NYC which was scheduled  to depart  on 10-31-20. What a fantastic itinerary,  and a chance to visit with old friends from the 2010 cruise.

Ugh!

4 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

We sailed on Jade in January-Feb 2010 to the Mediterranean including Egypt.  The Hawaiian decor seemed somewhat out of place, but still one of our best cruises. 

We were booked on her TA from Rome to NYC which was scheduled  to depart  on 10-31-20. What a fantastic itinerary,  and a chance to visit with old friends from the 2010 cruise.

Ugh!

Sorry that your cruise was cancelled.  We sailed many times on the Jade since 2008 and I think the ship decor looks better now.

The Jade is currently in Naples, with a 2021 itinerary that takes it all over the world.  The Southern Caribbean 13 night out of Tampa looks SO tempting, but my travel companion is (rightly) concerned about the repercussions of being denied docking on return.  Like losing a job and health insurance.  Or getting sick and dying.

1 hour ago, fin said:

The Jade is currently in Naples, with a 2021 itinerary that takes it all over the world.

Last week I was in Naples, wandering around, didn't expect anything. And then, bam - there she was, what a surprise! These are the recent photos I took - it was strange seeing her like this, without any passengers:

DSC06686-small.thumb.JPG.e8453cd02ed0482e1eb978b5e6b4a456.JPG

DSC06689-small.thumb.JPG.cc5a97a735461cf7a7cd607b361794a6.JPG

I've been on the Jade twice, before the refurbishing and always enjoyed the Haweiian theme - no matter where in the world we were cruising 🙂

Edited by _Mr.G_
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fin said:

The Jade is currently in Naples, with a 2021 itinerary that takes it all over the world.  The Southern Caribbean 13 night out of Tampa looks SO tempting, but my travel companion is (rightly) concerned about the repercussions of being denied docking on return.  Like losing a job and health insurance.  Or getting sick and dying.

I may have to look into that 13 day, Tampa is an easy drive for me to port..

Thanks for the great photos, Mr G.  I've never been on the Jade, but did a crossing from Dover on the Jewel which I guess is similar.  Not too big, not too small (well, no such things as too small, imo; i Loved our two cruises on the Norwegian Crown, now the Balmoral).

Seldom can I remember such uncertainty about book a cruise 90 days out.  What a whirl it has been, and is.