Feb 2021 out of ny

andychris

We have a cruise booked for feb 2021 from nyc. Final payment is due in December. I know it has been asked before but I want to make sure I totally understand. 
I pay final payment in December. If ncl cancels I get 125% fcc?  I do not get my cash back?  I am thinking of booking a cruise for aug2021. Can I put that credit towards a cruise that is booked already or only for new bookings? 

Any help/ advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

17 minutes ago, andychris said:

We have a cruise booked for feb 2021 from nyc. Final payment is due in December. I know it has been asked before but I want to make sure I totally understand. 
I pay final payment in December. If ncl cancels I get 125% fcc?  I do not get my cash back?  I am thinking of booking a cruise for aug2021. Can I put that credit towards a cruise that is booked already or only for new bookings? 

Thank you!

Here's the link to the FAQ re suspended cruises.  https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings

As far as what you can apply your FCC to, if you want to accept that, yes, you can apply it to cruises you've already booked if NCL cancels your upcoming cruise.  I've used mine to book 2 separate cruises. 

I think most on here recommend that you fill out the form and get your paid in full amount back since we have no idea if/when cruising will resume.  

Good luck which ever choice you make, we're all hoping for cruising to return soon. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, andychris said:

Thank you!

You need to read and understand the Terms and Conditions that are in effect at the time you, or NCL, cancel (suspend) your cruise.  It appears that, currently, you would receive up to 110%.  However, you never get more than 100% cash back!  The 10% (previously 25%) is a "Bonus Future Cruise Credit" with NCL maintaining control of it.  

NCL current link (has changed multiple times since March):  https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings

Edited by ggTexasGal
correction

19 hours ago, andychris said:

Thank you !!

If you read the *current* policy (which is new as of the November cancellations last week), you automatically get a full refund to the original form of payment (credit card or FCC, which ever you used to pay for the cruise)

Additionally, you get a 10% off coupon added to your account. So, that 10% is totally dependent on the cost of your new cruise.If you cancelled a cheaply Caribbean cruise and booked an Alaskan cruise or longer cruise, then 10% off could be a lot more $$$ than the original 20% credit of your current cruise price. And it is *not* 110% of your current cruise price. 

I never read terms and conditions before, I guess the time has come. Now I will read it for any Contract\Agreement I sign. It feels like we have to be more cautious these days in order to avoid trouble. Its very sad that now we have to be more careful.. 

Definitely read current policy as others said its very dynamic and changing.  I believe as others said currently they are giving 110% FCC now NOT the 125%.

I just got my funds returned, cash is KING!  FCC to much of a pain for 25%, 10% is even worse, and at the end of the day its just a piece of paper until you can use it.

When can you use it, well hopefully soon.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 11:07 AM, tgloersen said:

Definitely read current policy as others said its very dynamic and changing.  I believe as others said currently they are giving 110% FCC now NOT the 125%.

I just got my funds returned, cash is KING!  FCC to much of a pain for 25%, 10% is even worse, and at the end of the day its just a piece of paper until you can use it.

When can you use it, well hopefully soon.

Agree 100% every canceled cruise I had it refunded back to my CC, that 25% did not entice me to tie up my money for an indefinite period of time.