Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

janny444

On 10/25/2020 at 12:16 PM, Adawn47 said:

It's good to hear from you again Harry. I'm glad your surgery went well and that you're recovering alright. I understand why you're  not posting on here now and I hope that when cruising returns, so will you. Until then Harry, look after yourself and Mrs P, stay safe and take care.😊

Avril

Thanks Avril. My turn now - hope all's well in South Yorkshire with you and yours. Vaccine on the horizon by the looks of things,  and whilst it's not a silver bullet it should improve things somewhat. 

Still plenty of positives  - good people around.  Someone in our village has just posted on the site that cannot be mentioned that her pre-ordered Xmas food for 20+ people will now be far too much and offering to distribute the surplus on Christmas Day to those who need it.

Harry

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2020 at 8:49 AM, grapau27 said:

Hi Avril.

I hope you are okay because like me you post every day but never seen you post since this post.

Take care.

Graham.

23 minutes ago, kalos said:

Hope everything's OK Avril :classic_smile:

Everything's fine, thank you for asking. I seem to be having a very unusual un-Avril-like pessimistic wobble at the moment. I'd been a 'iffy' for a couple of weeks, but this new lockdown and the news that Barnsley now has the highest infection rate in Yorkshire tipped me over the edge a little. Just when I thought the door was begining to open, it closed again. Anyway, I feel as though I'm starting to get a grip  on things again now after giving myself a good talking to and a swift kick up the bum.

I've been reading through some of the more cheerful posts and I'm sorry I missed some birthdays. So a very happy birthday to those I missed and  to those whose birthday is  today💕

I think I'll  catch up on Damian's photo thread, it must be at Z by now🙂

Thank you all again.

Avril

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Everything's fine, thank you for asking. I seem to be having a very unusual un-Avril-like pessimistic wobble at the moment. I'd been a 'iffy' for a couple of weeks, but this new lockdown and the news that Barnsley now has the highest infection rate in Yorkshire tipped me over the edge a little. Just when I thought the door was begining to open, it closed again. Anyway, I feel as though I'm starting to get a grip  on things again now after giving myself a good talking to and a swift kick up the bum.

I've been reading through some of the more cheerful posts and I'm sorry I missed some birthdays. So a very happy birthday to those I missed and  to those whose birthday is  today💕

Thank you all again.

Avril

Good to see you back Avril. Things are very rarely as bad as they might first seem......

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you all again.

Avril

Hi Avril.

I am so pleased to hear from you and happy you are well.

The news is a bit depressing on the TV but even in Tier 2 we can go to restaurants,stay in hotels,meet outdoors,shop in shopping malls.travel to the beach and drive around.

Posting on hear among your friends is a comfort too.

Take care Graham x.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you all again.

Avril

Glad you are OK Avril.😊

I did wonder whether S Yorks Tier 3 had seen its broadband access locked down as well.😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good to see you back Avril. Things are very rarely as bad as they might first seem......

Spot on Harry , If we look back to March we were in a lockdown full stop.

What I say to you all is we have done it once and if needs be we will do it all again .

Same rules ...Keep in (if you can) keep safe (which we do) and keep your spirits up and 

tell yourselves " This aint gonna beat me ."  and we will get through this together.:classic_smile:

Great to hear from you Avril (why do we put hear when it is written ? :classic_wacko::classic_unsure:) I will keep doing my

best to to cheer you up, so stick in there Lass, we will get through this together,chin up :classic_smile:

Brian and Presto and anyone else having a birthday ,I hope you have a good one and my 

advice is to Forget everything and just have a nice birthday .

So Forget the past as you are never going to change it .

Forget what the future holds as you cannot predict it and the most Important one of all..

Forget any Ideas of me buying you a birthday present as I haven't got you one .

But you do have my best wishes for your birthday ,so it's not so bad really .:classic_smile:

Take care everyone  and be happy 826593784_wet1.jpg.256a728c7591b60e1cca0a69888adbd7.jpg  :classic_biggrin::classic_smile::classic_smile:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I also missed seeing your posts Avril. 
I think we are all having wobbles at some point. I had one yesterday but cheered myself up by buying a pair of shoes and ordering a case of red wine online!

😘

I think drinking the case of red wine would be more beneficial at the moment. Ooh,  I think I'll put a moscato in the fridge fo later😉🍷

Avril

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I think drinking the case of red wine would be more beneficial at the moment. Ooh,  I think I'll put a moscato in the fridge fo later😉🍷

Avril

I'll have one with you sis.Oh hang on I do that every night,cheers,bro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you all again.

Avril

I do empathise Avril.  I've been feeling a bit like you.  I'm quite reserved really so although I enjoy and value reading everyone's stories on here and feel the connection, I'm not too good at sharing my feelings so don't contribute too much.  My friends often comment on how upbeat I'm being but that belies quite a lot of underlying anxiety.  But you've always seemed so positive and been supportive of others so I hope you soon feel rather better and that wine does the trick!  

I'm much better at sharing experiences, asking for advice or hopefully offering some tips too.  And in that context when cruising was 'active' i used to post quite a lot.  I look forward to the time when that all returns for so many reasons. 

In the meantime I send my best wishes to all and I'll continue being an active reader, gaining comfort - and many a smile (kalos et al  😉) from keeping an eye on what's occurring on here. 🙂

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I'll have one with you sis.Oh hang on I do that every night,cheers,bro.

I'll think about having your birthday voddie tonight bro while I'm climbing into my bottle😵hic! 

Happy Birthday, and stay where you are, it's safer, not to mention warmer😘

Sis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

In the meantime I send my best wishes to all and I'll continue being an active reader, gaining comfort - and many a smile (kalos et al  😉) from keeping an eye on what's occurring on here. 🙂

Thank you Kruzze , I remember one of my very first posts and you were there to greet me advise me and 

if we ever got confused we always had Mr Deccaman (Stevie ) to advise us on the Thomson boards .:classic_biggrin:

Keep posting ,reading and smiling as I for one enjoy hearing from you .:classic_smile:

Stay safe ...Kalos :classic_smile:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

I do empathise Avril.  I've been feeling a bit like you.  I'm quite reserved really so although I enjoy and value reading everyone's stories on here and feel the connection, I'm not too good at sharing my feelings so don't contribute too much.  My friends often comment on how upbeat I'm being but that belies quite a lot of underlying anxiety.  But you've always seemed so positive and been supportive of others so I hope you soon feel rather better and that wine does the trick!

I've always been an optmistic and supportive mother hen, so family and friends come to talk and I try to help them any way I can. It's never been, nor ever will be, a problem, as I like to see people happy and content in their lives, and I'm pleased to be able help. I suppose the problem with that is I'm seen as a rock, when realistically I'm just the same as everyone else, I just put on a positve front sometimes even though I'm falling apart inside. That's honestly what happened these last few days, family Whatsapping me upset about Barnsley's new covid situation, tier 3 and questions like 'what will we do about christmas?' and me having to put on a positive spin with a reassuring smile. Still, as long as they're fine, then so am I. I'm coming round now, it's taken a few days but I'm much better than I was. You can't keep this old gal down for long😁

Avril

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thank you Kruzze , I remember one of my very first posts and you were there to greet me advise me and 

if we ever got confused we always had Mr Deccaman (Stevie ) to advise us on the Thomson boards .:classic_biggrin:

Keep posting ,reading and smiling as I for one enjoy hearing from you .:classic_smile:

Stay safe ...Kalos :classic_smile:

Thanks kalos. 🤗 Gosh I'd forgotten about Mr Deccaman - but yes a frequent contributer and source of advice and info all those years ago.  So many places visited, so many experiences and happy memories since those first cruises as a complete rookie!  Wishing you all the very best,  especially with your health issues.   Keep safe and well.  I'll be keeping an eye on you.  😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I've always been an optmistic and supportive mother hen, so family and friends come to talk and I try to help them any way I can. It's never been, nor ever will be, a problem, as I like to see people happy and content in their lives, and I'm pleased to be able help. I suppose the problem with that is I'm seen as a rock, when realistically I'm just the same as everyone else, I just put on a positve front sometimes even though I'm falling apart inside. That's honestly what happened these last few days, family Whatsapping me upset about Barnsley's new covid situation, tier 3 and questions like 'what will we do about christmas?' and me having to put on a positive spin with a reassuring smile. Still, as long as they're fine, then so am I. I'm coming round now, it's taken a few days but I'm much better than I was. You can't keep this old gal down for long😁

Avril

It's absolutely fine to have a wobble, everyone does.

When you have your next wobble, feel free to post about how you feel, as this is an outlet for things you might not say in real life.

I was feeling very perturbed last week, as I could see that the general situation in the country was rapidly going down hill, even though I'm still in tier 1.  I feel as if I've confronted my fears and accepted that this is going to be a harsh winter. 

No doubt, I'll have another wobble at some point, but it's perfectly normal to be up and down.

• Like 5

Hi - if anyone remembers me, Scriv, I haven't been for a while, no particular reason...Just perhaps a bit of a change of focus during lockdown and covid etc rather than daring hope to dream about holidays and cruises etc etc and needing a bit of a break away from the usual topics lol

Am still in touch on other sites with Mystical Mother, DaiB, and a few others. All alive and well, just more or less the same I think.

Nice to see some of your names here - hello in particular to Selbourne and Presto, Terrier John etc... always thought I would come across you on board one day.

I've booked some excursions for a cruise which may or may not happen June 21 .. decided to take the plunge once convinced I could cancel with full refund up to 3 days beforehand, so I can dream a little.

Bye for now... Scriv

Edited by Scriv
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Scriv said:

Hi - if anyone remembers me, Scriv, I haven't been for a while, no particular reason...Just perhaps a bit of a change of focus during lockdown and covid etc rather than daring hope to dream about holidays and cruises etc etc and needing a bit of a break away from the usual topics lol

Am still in touch on other sites with Mystical Mother, DaiB, and a few others. All alive and well, just more or less the same I think.

Nice to see some of your names here - hello in particular to Selbourne and Presto... always thought I would come across you on board one day.

I've booked some excursions for a cruise which may or may not happen June 21 .. decided to take the plunge once convinced I could cancel with full refund up to 3 days beforehand, so I can dream a little.

Bye for now... Scriv

Nice to hear all is safe and well with you ,

take care & keep yourself safe .:classic_smile:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scriv said:

Nice to see some of your names here - hello in particular to Selbourne and Presto... always thought I would come across you on board one day.

Bye for now... Scriv

Hello Scriv, I remember you!

Glad you are well and hope your cruise goes ahead 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Sorry you’ve had a wobble Avril, I’ve stopped watching the news again!

Hope you’re feeling more cheerful now xx